IGNORED

Denali CANSmart

Rob Nowell

I spent part of my stimulus check on aux lighting (for safety purposes, not night-time riding) to brighten up my '16 RT.  I went Denali all the way, because I have been happy with the D2 set  on my forks in front.  This time, I got their CANSmart with T3 pairs for front and rear.  "Plug and play," they said.  Riiiight.  If I had it all to do over again, I would definitely avoid the Denali setup.  It was a pain in the arse, and installation required additional wiring (read, more $).

Hi Rob,

I went with the CANSmart as well. With it I added the sound bomb and B6 brake lights with no problems. I plan to add Denali DM 2.0 Trioptic lights when I get some mad money.

Could you explain what became difficult ...... the program or instillation ?

The programming was difficult: hit-and-miss; trial & error; processes of elimination to get everything to work correctly.  Installation was difficult:  cables too short; wires too flimsy; additional cables needed, but never mentioned by Denali nor Revzilla.

Rob,  

Sorry to hear it was frustrating for you. I’ll have to ask about that when I get around to ordering. 

I’m sure your bike is more visible with the added lights

Thanks for posting 

18 hours ago, MachineJoe said:

I’m sure your bike is more visible with the added lights

Definitely!  I love the new visibility.  Good luck.