IGNORED

1200RT. What years, what brake system...? (I have '09)

Redman

I already knew that '05 & '06 RTs had servo brakes (whizzy) like the '02 1150RT I had (and then I purposely avoided the 05 06 RTs).

Am reading many posting about "Brake Failure" light on 1200RT. Am seeing a lot about brake light bulbs, and front wheel sensor cable and the pump motor brushes (in the $1200 module that can be rebuilt for ~ $150 by module master). And I see some comments about the system design changed for the system or maybe just the the brake module (having the pump motor) at some point (2010?). 

I started investigating my problem looking at the tail/brake light bulbs. Saw recommendations that need to remove the bulbs and inspect both filaments in each bulb, and verify that the brake light filament is functioning (not to be confused with the tail light filament). ANd/but/then I find on my 09 that the bulbs have only one filament (and are dimmer for tail light and brighter for brake light, both bulbs) (okay, so now I understand that).

So. . . . . .  some of the info I was reading apparently isn't appropriate for my 09.

So I ask, what years had what brake system, so when I look at various posting, I can determine what applies to my 09.....???  

(Will discuss my specific symptoms later in a different posting.)

2 hours ago, Redman said:

I already knew that '05 & '06 RTs had servo brakes (whizzy) like the '02 1150RT I had (and then I purposely avoided the 05 06 RTs).

Am reading many posting about "Brake Failure" light on 1200RT. Am seeing a lot about brake light bulbs, and front wheel sensor cable and the pump motor brushes (in the $1200 module that can be rebuilt for ~ $150 by module master). And I see some comments about the system design changed for the system or maybe just the the brake module (having the pump motor) at some point (2010?). 

I started investigating my problem looking at the tail/brake light bulbs. Saw recommendations that need to remove the bulbs and inspect both filaments in each bulb, and verify that the brake light filament is functioning (not to be confused with the tail light filament). ANd/but/then I find on my 09 that the bulbs have only one filament (and are dimmer for tail light and brighter for brake light, both bulbs) (okay, so now I understand that).

So. . . . . .  some of the info I was reading apparently isn't appropriate for my 09.

So I ask, what years had what brake system, so when I look at various posting, I can determine what applies to my 09.....???  

(Will discuss my specific symptoms later in a different posting.)

Evening Redman

Pre 08/2006 had the I-ABS (wizzy) servo braking system, post 08/2006 have the I-ABS-gen2 (non wizzy) system. 

On 8/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, dirtrider said:

Evening Redman

Pre 08/2006 had the I-ABS (wizzy) servo braking system, post 08/2006 have the I-ABS-gen2 (non wizzy) system. 

Thanks.

So 1200RTs of 05 & 06 (up to 08/2006) had the I-ABS (wizzy) (like the 1150RT).

And ALL 1200RTs after that had the I-ABS-Gen2 (non wizzy) systems. . . . all the same, all those years.

9 minutes ago, Redman said:

Thanks.

So 1200RTs of 05 & 06 (up to 08/2006) had the I-ABS (wizzy) (like the 1150RT).

And ALL 1200RTs after that had the I-ABS-Gen2 (non wizzy) systems. . . . all the same, all those years.

Morning Redman

Yes, pretty well (at least according to my BMW parts book). Over the years I haven't found any reason to doubt that info.

08/2006 was about the start of the 2007 production run so figure 2007-2009 1200RT's had the I-ABS-gen2 (non wizzy) system.