IGNORED

3742 miles, 9 states in 11 days

Wilinfla

I rode the 2016 1200RT from Georgia to Wyoming and back to stay in the Sturgis area before the rally officially started. Solo to Lead SD and back, but stayed in a VRBO with 4 friends for local riding. Bike did great, a lot of interstate riding to and back for time constraints, 3 days out and 3 days back. 

A6EB2EA5-5CD5-44C3-A9A8-11EAFE86FCB8.jpeg

091F1BEC-6633-4D16-8757-EECF2AD43F66.jpeg

• Like 3

A nice ride ... and yeah, having nasty old time constraints does lead to a fair amount of highway ... but some can be less boring than others :cool:

More pics, if you have any, would be great.

We stayed in Lead SD, 2 miles from Deadwood, great riding and perfect weather the week before the rally. A central place to ride from and a garage for 5 bikes.

2.jpg

1.jpg

20210803_201518.jpg

The RT was great for the curves around the Black Hills and it ate up the highway as well, I had one day with 762 miles and another day with 675. The bike ran flawlessly, this is my first BMW and I am impressed. Always fun to ride with different types of motorcycles.

• Like 2

I went 6094 miles in 18 days of riding.  However, I was able to rest for 13 days in Montana with family after my first two weeks.  I covered 12 states, two of which I'd never seen before.  Like you, I love the RT (this '16 is my second).  Honestly, I can't imagine touring on anything else.  Also like you, I really enjoyed the SD roads (14A and 16A) as well as a few tasty routes in AZ's and NM's northern territories.  Glad we both made it back safely.

That’s a lot of miles. I have owned many different brands over the years, but never a BMW for some reason. My long trips have always been on Harley’s before, this was a nice change. The fuel range was helpful in some areas.