IGNORED

You know you have a good wife,.....

Rougarou

when she gets your driveway built without you even knowing about it.

I had a work trip come up and was away for three weeks with zero connectivity, no phone, no internet, nada.  Anyway, upon my return, she picks me up at the airport, we have a nice little dinner, and she's driving me home.  We're approaching our driveway and I notice she's not slowing down quick enough, to which she say's "I have surprise for you", then viola', a driveway to my basement garage.  This is something we were wanting done since 2015 but other priorities got in the way.  She's my financial manager, so, I guess she's been stockpiling a bit----we like to pay cash as much as possible.

I asked her when she started planning this, she said as soon as she found I out I was going away for a bit (threeish months ago).

IMG_1800.thumb.jpg.5e5a97f1b44724ba6f26a422e530cf36.jpgIMG_1801.thumb.jpg.c361f3448848444662d31abd3e004160.jpg

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Dang dude...think she might want to keep you!  That took some serious planning.  You are a lucky man.

8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Nice surprise! :thumbsup:

Ya, she's fawkin awesome!!!

• Like 2

She's a keeper for sure! A nice surprise to come home to!

A few years ago my wife said to me, "Your bike is getting kind of old, you should look at getting a new one."

Whaaat? Totally caught me off guard. 

I sure love that girl.

Oh, took me about a day to find what I was looking for.

• Thanks 1

Looks great!   It is great to have a wife like that.   Ask me how I know.   :thumbsup:

Must be a some good property to have a driveway like that.  Awesome!

A couple of weeks before I left, I was cutting the grass, I had noticed some orange x's on some of the trees, even texted pictures of the x's to my wife while I was cutting.  The woodline owner had cleared a couple hundred acres to the east on the front of his property, but stated that he had no intention of doing anything to the back 80 acres that borders our property.  These x's were on trees that were clearly within our property line, so I wasn't sure if the guy had mis-marked or not.  I even went on the county website to check for any diseased or "bugged" trees that they may have started cutting on their own.  When I asked my schoolteacher wife if she'd seen anyone since she's been home all summer, she said no, that she hadn't.  Hmmmm.  So, when she revealed, the driveway, she also stated that everytime I was cutting the grass, she would distract me from seeing the x's and she was worried that I'd dig too deep once I sent her the text pictures.  

The red circles are where trees were cut

image.png.4ce22bffbf79383f0d2ed4039c559eaa.png

• Like 2
On 8/4/2021 at 6:09 PM, Rougarou said:

when she gets your driveway built without you even knowing about it.

I had a work trip come up and was away for three weeks with zero connectivity, no phone, no internet, nada.  Anyway, upon my return, she picks me up at the airport, we have a nice little dinner, and she's driving me home.  We're approaching our driveway and I notice she's not slowing down quick enough, to which she say's "I have surprise for you", then viola', a driveway to my basement garage.  This is something we were wanting done since 2015 but other priorities got in the way.  She's my financial manager, so, I guess she's been stockpiling a bit----we like to pay cash as much as possible.

I asked her when she started planning this, she said as soon as she found I out I was going away for a bit (threeish months ago).

IMG_1800.thumb.jpg.5e5a97f1b44724ba6f26a422e530cf36.jpgIMG_1801.thumb.jpg.c361f3448848444662d31abd3e004160.jpg

A Keeper for sure:thumbsup:

She sounds like a wonderful person and you must be too for her to care and gift like that.  Congrats to you and her.

All I can say is my wife is excellent as well just for allowing me to be me. As a drummer, I practice at least two hours a day and she is and has been working from home. Need I say more. :18:

8 minutes ago, Sonor said:

She sounds like a wonderful person and you must be too for her to care and gift like that.  Congrats to you and her.

All I can say is my wife is excellent as well just for allowing me to be me. As a drummer, I practice at least two hours a day and she is and has been working from home. Need I say more. :18:

This your wife on a daily basis

Noise Canceling Ear Muffs SNR 34dB Hearing Protection Earmuffs with 2 - Enegitech

;);)

Mine, today is digging a trench for water mitigation from her garden area to the new driveway.  Her garden area slopes directly to the new driveway, so she wants to put her a rock trench in.  Digging in the clay and rocks 'round these parts, as you know, really, really sucks.  I told her we could use the backhoe, but she's concerned about me hitting the cable and power, so, she gets to do it by hand.  When she gets done with that, she's gonna roll into a couple of retaining walls in a different part of the yard,........see why I come to work,......it's keeping up with her and her projects,.......I gotta come to work to take a break ;)

18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

You sure she wasn’t the combat Marine? :dontknow: That’s one hell of a neatly dug trench line! :thumbsup: :classic_biggrin:

She knows how to work a shovel.  She's broken enough of them.  Two wooden ones, so I bought a steel one (she doesn't like it cause it's too heavy to use), so I got a heavy duty wooden one.  I got home from my trip and the short handled flat shovel was broken :(  Now I gotta get another one of those.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, Rougarou said:

She's a digger!!!

Sent me this a bit ago.

I hope roots don’t become an issue.

I ran a 4” drain system and after about 15 years it got a root plug from a coupling/joint. 
I snaked it but really should excavate the suspect fitting & supplement the duct tape I used to seal the fitting to the pipes with a root barrier of some sort. 

Hopefully we won't have any issues like that.  Grass roots like the video you posted, don't grow so deep in that clay.  At the beginning, where she's stepping on the pipe, I dug it even deeper since that's where I'm going to put my turn around (she moved the wood in the barn out of the way for me to hook the backhoe up ;))(We're ADD when it comes to home projects, barn interior is a work in progress, hence wood in way of backhoe), which will be covered by crusher run.  All along that trench, grass is getting killed and we'll be mulching it in.

Should be fine.