IGNORED

Found on the Interwebs ... Amusing videos 'and such . . .'

Indy Dave

Starting out with a three jumper post; this one intentional . . .

oops_when_you_want_to_appear_like_ahttps://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/otqavr/oops_when_you_want_to_appear_like_a/

And these not so much . . .

The first couple of times I watched this, I could not stop laughing at this van - driver just had time to say OHH Shiiii ..... BAM! Airborne and pirouetting . . . [obviously I hope everyone is ok]

ADDED:

A spokesman said: "Three people were injured and taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.

"An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident and manner of driving is ongoing."

Motorcyclist Andy Daynes, 35, said he recorded the footage on his helmet cam while driving behind the van.

• Indy Dave changed the title to Found on the Interwebs ... Amusing videos 'and such . . .'

Mind the gap!!

"he recorded the footage on his helmet cam while driving behind the van"  ??  Say What?   That van cut him off.  :classic_laugh:

I was in a rented Volvo (2018) and drove from London to Liverpool.  This car had adaptive cruise control.  I did have it in use on the motorway, but not on a dual carriage way with roundabouts, similar to the one in the video.   I was approaching one and the emergency alert for braking (flashing red LED lights) went off as I entered in from about 40-50 miles per hour.   The center of the circle had those arrow signs and raised grading so as not to keep going straight, if you know what I mean, and I think you do!.   The radar detected a fixed object but did not realize I was about to manuver around it.  DOH!

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

Starting out with a three jumper post; this one intentional . . .

oops_when_you_want_to_appear_like_ahttps://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/otqavr/oops_when_you_want_to_appear_like_a/

And these not so much . . .

The first couple of times I watched this, I could not stop laughing at this van - driver just had time to say OHH Shiiii ..... BAM! Airborne and pirouetting . . . [obviously I hope everyone is ok]

ADDED:

A spokesman said: "Three people were injured and taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.

"An investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident and manner of driving is ongoing."

Motorcyclist Andy Daynes, 35, said he recorded the footage on his helmet cam while driving behind the van.

Dave, as you well know, Carmel, IN is the home of the roundabout.  Some oldtimers argued against them and were given ammunition when two guys were killed when their car him the center island at 96th & Westfield.  

image.png.38758c94196bbd1ceae69f2a486af68b.png

• Like 1

Yes, tragic John! The roundabouts are multiplying like rabbits here! One guy I know wears out the left side of his tires on roundabouts  near his home, he has three closley  linked together roundabouts, and he rides them repeatedly early mornings before traffic -   as those are the best 'curves' without having to ride an hour or more.

Have you read/listened to the Freakonomics podcast on Roundabouts? Featuring Carmel's Mayor Jimmy Brainard? Link to transcript/audio:

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/roundabouts/

We'll lead off with a couple of bikes today, the first one a BMW:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/ok484m/motorcycle_getting_hit_by_car_at_105_mph_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/orc77v/sudden_chaos/

sudden_chaossudden_chaos

sudden_chaos

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/olptxf/idiot_does_himself_wrong/

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...
On 7/29/2021 at 2:22 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Dave, as you well know, Carmel, IN is the home of the roundabout.  Some oldtimers argued against them and were given ammunition when two guys were killed when their car him the center island at 96th & Westfield.  

image.png.38758c94196bbd1ceae69f2a486af68b.png

Yep…….

Roundabouts can be bad news when your not expecting them……

https://lompocrecord.com/news/local/video-ventura-firefighter-dies-in-roundabout-crash/youtube_fff9f457-c5c6-5ecf-9f29-6c0003bc7748.html

• 8 months later...
52 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Is it just me, or does the video just show the sky?

52 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Yes, can't see it.

Works on desktop. Does not work on phone, landscape or portrait mode, with/without desktop mode.

The coppers will take heat for maybe pursuing longer than necessary, using unnecessary force, putting others in danger, blah blah blah, but like most police interactions that end badly, it all could have been avoided had the offender just obeyed instructions. Too bad for him.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:29 AM, Indy Dave said:

initiated at 109 mph

Our policy dictated initiation only allowed below 40 mph......... so there's that:whistle:

100 plus and it's obviously a bad idea.

• Like 2
On 9/23/2022 at 6:57 AM, Hosstage said:

Is it just me, or does the video just show the sky?

Click somewhere on this bar, it'll open up a new page/window, and you can see it there.

image.png.697ee5ac734ace811306c72e22284a92.png

edit: nevermind 🙄

6 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Our policy dictated initiation only allowed below 40 mph......... so there's that:whistle:

100 plus and it's obviously a bad idea.

Hey, Alan, haven't you ever heard the saying, "No guts, no glory!!"🤣🤣🤣

"Fourteen, get up there and get him stopped, because he's driving on the wrong—on the other side of the road and we need to get him stopped," an ASP supervisor can be heard saying on dashcam video released by authorities. "I don't care if he's brake-checking you. Get this car stopped as soon as there's an opening on the highway."

then .....

""Ok he's got him stopped and... go ahead and start EMS," the follow-up trooper radios in at the end. Battenfield died in the crash. Trooper Ellis was hospitalized with "non-life-threatening" injuries."

Remind me not to speed, or blow through stop signs (and yeah, maybe drive wrong way on a street) in Arkansas.  Those guys don't mess around, lol.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2022 at 9:54 AM, Indy Dave said:
(edited to remove Indy Dave's Reddit link)

I have to put this thread on ignore. EVERY time I come back to see a new post, this post (which is not even on screen) loudly autoplays the audio.  Very annoying and a pain to try to stop.

Edited by lkraus
13 hours ago, lkraus said:

I have to put this thread on ignore. EVERY time I come back to see a new post, this post (which is not even on screen) loudly autoplays the audio.  Very annoying and a pain to try to stop.

Sorry for the issue, Larry. I've edited my post - removed the link I used and replaced it with William's YouTube link. I hope that resolves the issue?

1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

Sorry for the issue, Larry. I've edited my post - removed the link I used and replaced it with William's YouTube link. I hope that resolves the issue?

Thanks. I had to go back and remove my quote of your Reddit link, which was still autoplaying...  

All good now.  Thread un-ignored.

• Like 1