IGNORED

Spastic turn signal

Jerry_75_Guy

Jerry_75_Guy

So far this isn't a problem, but I can't help but wonder whether or not it might be a prodrome of electrical issues as yet not fully manifested:

The left turn signal indicator on my instrument panel frequently (pretty much at every actuation, but starting at irregular time intervals after hitting the switch), will double it's flash rate. The right one behaves normally. I've made no recent changes to the bike, and through experiment have been unable to correlate this phenomenon with any other action or switch actuation.

Gremlins not to be worried about?, or is a real problem developing?; I vaguely remember a writeup on similar brake light activity as a result of incompatable LED blub choices.

Jerry_75_Guy
Mostly likely a corroded socket front or back or other similar high resistance point.

Assuming this is it, sounds like a little wire brush application and we're off to the races. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks Ken! thumbsup.gif

Jerry_75_Guy
This happened to me. The ground wire in the front directional came unplugged.

I'm sure I'll find it in Clymers, but where is this plug?

I'm sure I'll find it in Clymers, but where is this plug?

???? Bulb socket, wire on the back???

Jerry_75_Guy
This happened to me. The ground wire in the front directional came unplugged.

Bingo. That did it. Thanks thumbsup.gif

I think the random time period between normal and rapid flashes was caused by the loose ground wire occasionally bumping it's contact on the bulb bracket.

Don't get too excited Mark(Uggles) smirk.gif The last time I'd looked at, or even thought about those connections was when I installed the 'Runnin' Lites' several years ago; just had a little 'brain burp' wave.gif

Archived