IGNORED

Power outlet plug need some info

Tony_K

Ok for the life of me I can't figure out the search option here at the site so I need to ask.

I want to make some stock male power plug ends for the factory power outlet.

Question is can I get this plug domestically and not from a dealer?

I have several of these male plugs on other accessories that I have for another German vehicle but I don't want to cut them off of the devices they are attached to.

So when I go into my local electronic components supplier or aircraft surplus dealer (I'm hoping they have them) what are the called officially?

I don't understand not wanting to get the plug from a dealer. They run about $10. That's also the same price you'll pay for a copy of the BMW plug, sold by PowerLet. These are also available from your dealer unless you buy them direct from PowerLet in which case they'll cost you $10 plus UPS shipping from Michigan. The plugs are also available through your local John Deere dealer. They run about $9-10 last I heard.

No disrespect to the dealers it's just that the two closest to me are far away, both in the wrong direction to where I go most days.

So I wanted to know the specific title of the plug to source it out locally down the street.

So when I go into my local electronic components supplier or aircraft surplus dealer (I'm hoping they have them) what are the called officially?

Who knows what they are officially called. Take one in and see if your local boy has them. If not, Powerletproducts.com has them. They call them "powerlet plugs".

ppl002.jpg

Tony

Here are two distributors of John Deere tractor parts in SoCal. I just bought the BMW style socket from Eberhard in Santa Ana. The reorder # for the socket is AL25073 and I paid $8.66 + tax. Eberhard is about 5 miles from my house. You can call, order, and have the sockets mailed to you. The two guys I talked with at the counter were really great. I had the guys card but cannot find it right now. Sorry. My 05 RT did not come with the accessory plug located at the back of the bike so I bought that from them as well. BMW sells that plug for $28 and I bought it from Eberhard for $16. A buddy told me about the John Deere option. Powerlet sells the socket you are looking for for $8 each or $11 each for the Deluxe model and then you have to pay shipping.

1. A A EQUIPMENT

4811 BROOKS STREET

MONTCLAIR CA 917634733

United States

E-mail us

25.64 miles

2. EBERHARD EQUIPMENT

2506 S. HARBOR BLVD.

SANTA ANA CA 92704

United States

E-mail us

Ok for the life of me I can't figure out the search option here at the site so I need to ask.

I'm glad you asked this question as I need to make two small cables myself for use through the power outlet. Thanks!

AD

I went to the 2 local places and took my 10 plus feet of Bundeswehr military grade power plug extension cable with me to show people what I was after.

Surplus yielded a "never seen one before" answer and the independent electronic store thought he could get one but I'm sure that was smoke up the @$$ optimism.

Funny thing since this type of connector goes way back in history in Europe.

What I did find are several other type of connectors that would be ideal for quick disconnect accessories.

I found a place on the 1100 rt that will facilitate a accessory plug bank using existing holes underneath the idiot lights. I think I will make one up that has several useful outlets for devices... of course ideas are much easier to create than actual products but I'll make one up then post the results at some point.

Archived