IGNORED

Mom's day GS ride

Mike_F

I had a chance to take the GS out yesterday. First real outing since the accident, and first time off pavement with the GS. My wife had not ridden with me since the accident, and had not been on the new bike, so I have been trying to change that. I asked on Saturday if she wanted to go for a ride, and she said maybe tomorrow. I let it go, as I didn't know if she was mentally ready to get back on the bike. Sunday morning as I was drinking a cup of coffee, she asked where we were going to go riding, and I said where ever you want. She wanted to go on a scenic ride that we do a few times a year. Highway 410 to Mt. Rainier to Hwy 123 and up Hwy 7. A small ride, but long enough to figure everything out again. I didn't think that the pass was open, but I figured we would go and check it out. As you can see, we couldn't have asked for better weather.

69629360-L.jpg

Heres Mom. As you can see, traffic was non-existant. That should have been our first hint, but it wasn't really about the destination.

69629602-L.jpg

A small waterfall

69630415-L.jpg

Now, just as I had thought, the road was closed, but I saw a forest Service road a few miles back that looked like it could be fun. I asked SWMBO and she said go fo it. Just into the road I stopped for a break, and low and behold there was this memorial, or at least I hope it was a memorial.

69631850-L.jpg

This is a good shot of the bike

69632661-L.jpg

Mt. Rainier

69632923-L.jpg

The valley

69633178-L.jpg

SWMBO taking it all in.

69634003-L.jpg

Now, we had been seeing more and more snow, so I knew I would have to turn around soon, and here is where I we did it.

69634218-L.jpg

We did some back roads home.

Stopped at Mud Mt. dam. Wished we could have went down there.

69635102-L.jpg

A pic from the lookout.

69635456-L.jpg

We came across this mail box, and had to snap a pic. They just don't make em' like that anymore.

69635830-L.jpg

So then it was of to my Mom's place, where the entire family showed up at the same time, and un-expectedly I might add.

It was one of those days that you know that you are truly blessed. The wife had a great time, and so did I. We found that we could still have an almost religious experience on a motorcycle, after a negligent stranger almost took it all away.

And Doug, ... We managed to keep both wheels planted blush.gif

I am a truly blessed man. clap.gif

Bravo!! clap.gif A truly perfect GS ride. Glad you both went. Thanks for sharing that with us. Although you WA riders better be careful: Us Kalifornian riders may start migrating with scenery like that! As you said, however, you are

a truly blessed man.
RandyShields

I don't log in to respond much, but this post contained some extraordinary photos. What a beautiful environment you get to ride in. Just spectacular scenery, and you captured it very well. Thanks for sharing. clap.gif

Randy Shields

Firefight911
Bravo!! clap.gif A truly perfect GS ride. Glad you both went. Thanks for sharing that with us. Although you WA riders better be careful: Us Kalifornian riders may start migrating with scenery like that! As you said, however, you are
a truly blessed man.

Just what Whip said!

Awesome job! Thanks for the share!

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas

Excellent ride tale and wonderful photos !!!

If I'd have that sort of scenery and roads in my backyard I surely would have second thoughts about my decision to stick with the RT over the GS for now ! WOW! smile.gif

Francois

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I like the Rainier photo with the birds in flight. Very cool. The dirt road you guys were on...that wasn't near Greenwater was it? Look like a road I was on at one point...until I rolled the RT backwards about 100 feet to find a similar place to turn around.

Looks good Mikey! thumbsup.gif

Archived