IGNORED

Summer pant suggestions needed

I live in south Florida- It’s hot and humid.

Most of the pants I am viewing claim 2 or 3 season pants.  I need ONE season pants and that season is SUMMER.

I refuse to believe that there is not a great breathable pant that can be relatively cool during these summer months.

Here are the pants I have right now and none of them are doing the job

1) BMW Airflow pants-BMW great protection but not great airflow- They dont live up to the name

2) Rev It Airwave 3- This is the best airflow of the 4 but still not enough and a bit bulky

3) Klim Marrakesh- These are not for summers in Florida, maybe Alaska

4) First Gear Rush Air- These are the best fit of the 4 and have excellent features but still not enough airflow.

All of these pants have great protection and I understand that with protection you give up airflow but someone out there should have some insight of other models that do the job.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Signed,

Mr. Schweddy

(you may know my brother Pete)

Having lived in Pompano Beach for 2 years, and now in central Alabama, I feel your pain at trying to find a balance between protection and sweating profusely.  Bermuda shorts at one end of the spectrum and aerostitch roadcrafter at the other end.  Those of us who embrace ATGATT face the same dilemma.  Since we're talking about summer ONLY, I've resorted to Sedici mesh pants, knowing that I've compromised on the protection side of the equation, so I added some lightweight hip padding.  They flow air pretty well and are light weight, and low cost.  They come with an inserted rain liner, but I don't use those because the pants would still get wet, so use rain overpants when caught in rain.  

There may not be a perfect solution...... 

I really like the summer over pants (that can also be worn as regular pants) made by Olympia. The airglide pants are very well made and a good price point.

Also, I have a friend that works at Cycle Gear and was told by him not to bother with their product line.

+1 on the Olympia Airglides.

I've had mine (airglide 2s) for ten years. Never been down in them. Probably due for a replacement, but dang it, they still look solid.

Don't flow as much air as bermudas, but they should help ya keep more skin on your legs...

Currently wearing Olympia Airglide mesh, which replaced a pair of Olympia Dakars (mesh w/cargo pockets and zip-off lower legs). 

The Dakars are ten years old and still in very good shape except for worn reflective piping (mostly from washing). The pewter gray has faded just a little bit but is still a good looking light gray.  Not like black that might fade to gray, or red that goes pink.

The Airglides have longer side zippers and are easier to get over boots, but I often miss the cargo pockets on the Dakars. The Airglides include a rain "liner" that can also be worn on the outside, I've not tested that yet. Both have elastic in the waist and can be worn alone or as overpants. I'd still be wearing the Dakars except they unaccountably shrank while stored in the closet the winter of 2019. Don't know how Cordura can shrink, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm keeping them in case they decide to grow back.

Olympia was sold a few years ago and it's been a little hard to find some of their products. I notice now that the Dakar model on their webpage is styled a little differently from the version that Revzilla offers. Different model years, maybe? Might be worth shopping around if you don't like the first style you see.

• Haha 1

Plus 1 on the Olympia Airglide Mesh.  I've had mine for 12 years and when I need another mesh pant, I'll get another pair.

I have been using the Tourmaster Flex pants. Vent panels zip off for full flow ventilation, and adjustable armor is comfortable.