IGNORED

Darla Light settings on Dashboard?

Dreamer

Hi, just recently installed Darla lights from Clearwater on my R1200 RT. During daytime it is not visable what the settings are. Is there a way to have the settings visable on the dashboard? 

Next to that I understand the Darla lights only come up when bike running, but saw a video where someone had them on while only the contact was on! Any idea if that is a standard setting? 

No, the settings cannot be tied into the dash, unless someone engineers a way to do it.   They need to be programmed while the engine is running.   HERE is the CAN-Opener manual to help you program the lights.   

The wiring for the lights get tied into the bikes harness via the CAN-Opener connector.   That allows the user to affect the use of the lights, such as intensity, flashing, strobe, and such as the like.

If you have a wonder wheel on your RT, then you can control the light intensity.  Mine go to full power with the high beams and horn activation.  I have them set at 75% for daytime use and 10% night time (yeah, I had to lower it as folks got annoyed on my commute in the moring. HA)  That feature is controlled by the bikes photcell, which works my Nav VI brightness; not sure what else that would be needed for, but Clearwater figured a use for it.

The lights are programmed to light up only when the engine is operating.   If you do not have a wonder wheel, then you may need the handlebar control that Clearwater offers.  I am not sure if it is still available; I did not find it during a quick search.  You may want to CONTACT THEM for more info.

Cheers,

• Like 1