IGNORED

New Member: Ask not what your forum can do for you, Ask what you can do for your forum!

TuckerNaut

TuckerNaut

Hello All,
I've used not only this but many other forums to, perform maintenance, diagnose issues, choose gear/parts/consumables/etc, learn of upgrades, and on and on and on for anything imaginable. This and forums like it, have been a wealth of knowledge and guidance for me and have kept me from making catastrophic mistakes, and have provided the resources necessary to do every bit of maintenance or repair work I ever felt confident enough to attempt.

At this point I believe I've reached a point where I might be able to give back some of what I've gotten over the last decade.

About Me:
A degreed Mechanical Engineer, currently working in the permanent magnet industry, in Southern California.
My Bikes:
In running and riding condition I currently own an 06KTM 950ADV (S Height), 07Aprilia RXV450, 01BMW F650GS (WP Suspension), 07Ducati 1098 (RACE ECU,08 Engine), 07Harley V-Rod (Nitrous maybe)
In Project condition I own an 09BMW HP2 sport, R1200RTP, and R1150RTP
My Interests:
All forms of motorcycling, MT biking, 3D printing, Adventures, Fitness

Aside from knowledge regarding any of the above, a few things I may be able to offer anyone here include the following.
- Fidlock Hook 25 ALU buckle kit. If you don't know what the fidlock buckle is, look it up. Very novel magnetic helmet buckle design. With my background in engineering and the magnetics industry I put together a kit to retrofit any double D ring helmet to use the Fidlock buckle. Essentially I was in the market for an ADV lid and was really looking hard at the Klim Krios Pro, but in the end when I asked myself why I wanted the helmet so bad when comparing it to the top competition, ie Arai XD4, Shoei X2 Hornet, AGV AX8/9 it was mostly the damn magnetic buckle I wanted. The koroyd is a cool concept too but it's a damn expensive helmet, and no deals to be found. Long story short I decided to figure out a way to put in on any helmet, and with what I would have paid for a Klim Krios Pro I bought all three of the above alternatives. I had to buy a bulk of buckles from Fidlock to get any at all so I have...Extra, and figured I'd put kits together for anyone interested.
- A resource for CAD design and 3D printing services of functional parts from engineered materials such as nylons, carbon fiber nylon, carbon fiber polycarbonate, ABS, ASA, PETG and various others. I have a handful of printers, largest volume 400mm cubed, and 280mm DIA x 600mm Length. Say you broke something and need a replacement that is, no longer made, too expensive, and/or needs modification. You have an idea for something you, and maybe other people want/need but don't have a way to fully design and manufacture a usable, durable, and otherwise professional performing/appearing solution. These sorts of projects are really interesting to me and I very much enjoy the iterative process of designing and producing something that has a useful purpose for someone/s
- ADV travel stop in southern california just north of SD. If your traveling through and need to work on your bike, replace a tire, tune a carb, etc. hit me up. I'll help you out with tools, a place to stay, and whatever else I can.
- Motorcycle rentals. I have a few bikes... I can't ride them all. If your in the area and want a ride for a few days or a week let me know. currently only the V-Rod and F650GS are rentable, the others are essentially a no go other than for perhaps a special circumstance. No helmet, no gear, no problem. I've got plenty
- If you have an Alpinestars Tech Air Street/Race vest, and want to hack it so you don't have to wear the accompanying Jacket let me know I bought a few used including the new tech air 5, disassembled them and have a method for wiring in an on off switch and indicator LEDs to match the stock array. I have replacement gas generators sorted out as well if you don't want to pay the $200 to send it back to alpinestars.

Motorcycling isn't a hobby of mine, it's a passion, one that I want to share with anyone willing to participate.

Wow, my welcome to the forum seems so, minuscule! :classic_blush: Oh what the heck, welcome to the forum! :wave: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
TuckerNaut

What's the phrase... less is more.:) I recognize the intro was a bit long winded..one of my downfalls.  I appreciate the welcome. 

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not long at all, more is better! I sometimes blurt out thoughts that I think are funny. They usually fall flat. :5150::4323: Nice collection of bikes you have! :thumbsup:

TuckerNaut

Thanks for that. I sold one I wish I hadn't and havent sold another since... that and here in southern california the used bike market is out of this world. 

So I picked up the R1150RTP and R1200RTP (old Police bikes) the fairings are pretty beat, and worse than that someone else disassembled all the body work before I got to them :dopeslap: What would be your opinions be with regard to how to  sort them. A stripped down scrambler, Bobber, cafe racer, Sand and paint  the body work and try to refit them the best I can? alternatives? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...