IGNORED

Nav question

RTinNC

Does anyone know if the Nav 4 works just like the NAV five or six in the cradle and with the wonder wheel?

Ed it won’t work on the newest 1250s. Sales guy told me my nav 4 wouldn’t work on a demo ride I took last year, he was right.

It powered up but did a weird flicker and that was it. No readable screen.

It probably will then, works on my 2014 RT. :thumbsup: 
Should of mentioned I tried it on a 2020 1250 GSA.

• Thanks 1

I use a Nav IV on a 2016 R1200RT and it does work with the wonder wheel.  If I remember correctly, it has the ability to change between 2 or 3 pages and zoom in and out.  I don’t use the WW for the GPS much as I prefer using the touch screen.  I don’t think the Nav IV is as fully functional with the WW as the Nav V or VI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, msscull said:

I use a Nav IV on a 2016 R1200RT and it does work with the wonder wheel.  If I remember correctly, it has the ability to change between 2 or 3 pages and zoom in and out.  I don’t use the WW for the GPS much as I prefer using the touch screen.  I don’t think the Nav IV is as fully functional with the WW as the Nav V or VI.

There's not much more than that as far as interaction between the wonder wheel and Nav V and VI on a '16 RT. The '17 and newer have a bit more though.

3 hours ago, PatM said:

There's not much more than that as far as interaction between the wonder wheel and Nav V and VI on a '16 RT. The '17 and newer have a bit more though.

I have Nav V on my '17 GSA. The wonder wheel will allow zooming in or out with scrolling or changing to different screens if I push the wheel one way or another.  

On 5/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, dba said:

I have Nav V on my '17 GSA. The wonder wheel will allow zooming in or out with scrolling or changing to different screens if I push the wheel one way or another.  

The '16 RT has a very limited integration with the wonder wheel compared to the GSA and '17 and newer RT.