IGNORED

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale!

KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice

I went out for a short ride on Tuesday and it turned into a 3.5 hour tour!  I left out at about 6 am.....drank my protein shake and bundled up.  Southern California tends to be foggy in the mornings where I live and then burns off around 10 or 11.  My trusty steed "Scout" is a champ and embraced the cool conditions and begged for more!

i played it by ear and rode where I rode,,,,

Pics start in Laguna Beach...then up Pacific Coast Highway to Newport Beach on to Huntington Beach and finally I jumped on the 405 South to get home around 9:45.  Needless to say Im just about to my 600 Run In.  *how many miles can I go over before I get her serviced? My appointment isn't until next Thursday!  Uggggghhhh. 

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

• Like 2

Nice pics, as far as the bike’s mileage goes, it’s no big deal if you bump it to double the recommended I’ve been told by more than one trusted BMW mechanic. Keep riding it! :yes: 

• Thanks 1

Nice ride! Meandering is always fun.

I like to change oil on a fresh engine before the recommended mileage, just because I'm a little anal about that first dirty break in oil. Did the same on our Toyota, the service manager argued with me, said I can go 7500 miles, I had to tell him that he can do that on his car,  I'm paying for it, 2000 miles, change it. (Would really have preferred 500 miles)

The thought of going over on the first oil change makes me shudder. It is probably fine, but old school oil habits are hard to break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
KernelClamjuice

Well maybe I can change the Oil myself today.  Doesn't appear to be difficult...

KernelClamjuice

I'm gonna have to get a better camera.  My shoe /toaster camera phone just isn't cutting it...lol

18 minutes ago, KernelClamjuice said:

I'm gonna have to get a better camera.  My shoe /toaster camera phone just isn't cutting it...lol

# 2 has a great artistic vibe! :clap:

KernelClamjuice
7 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

# 2 has a great artistic vibe! :clap:

Maybe my son gets it from me?  😂 

thanks...

• Like 1
KernelClamjuice
2 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Where's that car ferry?

Newport Beach.  It runs from the peninsula to balboa island,

• Like 1
On 5/21/2021 at 7:35 AM, Hosstage said:

Nice ride! Meandering is always fun.

I like to change oil on a fresh engine before the recommended mileage, just because I'm a little anal about that first dirty break in oil. Did the same on our Toyota, the service manager argued with me, said I can go 7500 miles, I had to tell him that he can do that on his car,  I'm paying for it, 2000 miles, change it. (Would really have preferred 500 miles)

The thought of going over on the first oil change makes me shudder. It is probably fine, but old school oil habits are hard to break.

I do the exact same thing. Seems to me a lot of virgin metal mating in there leaves some debris that should be removed. May not be that important but it’s piece of mind to me. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...