IGNORED

Driftin’, June 10 - 13…Are You Gonna Be There?

This event, in SW Wisconsin, is three weeks away, June 10-13

The current thread on this is a bit cluttered because of last year’s postponement and the combining of posts, so I wanted to put this out there to ask for folks to update their possible attendance. Steve Knapp created an online form to gather some very basic info on those who are coming. Those of you who previously registered (or did so a couple of times, John Ranalletta) don’t need to do it again, but the “I’m in!” form is HERE.

It would be very helpful if you’d fill out the attendance form, so I can get a rough idea of how much food we’ll need and how many will be camping at our place. As I’ve mentioned before, there’s space for probably a dozen or so to set up tents and not be on top of one another, but just know that the on-site amenities are not going to be up to Jellystone Park standards. 🙄

I’ve created an informal guide to this most informal of events, which I’ve updated and attached to this post. Take a look. It might be helpful if you’re joining us. If you’re not, reading it will create a feeling of immense jealousy and personal emptiness, knowing that you will not be part of it.  Please note that I’ve added a section called “Legal Stuff” to protect us against a lawsuit if someone does something stupid…sorry, but it’s the way of the world.

Mitch has created a great set of GPS routes for the event, with the link and explanations of GPS stuff that is far beyond my comprehension IN THIS POST. He’s The Master of Route Planning. For those of you who prefer, meandering is a great option here, too.

I’ll endeavor to have coffee brewing early each morning, and will spring for some donuts, to get you all motivated for the day that lies ahead. On the final evening (Saturday), we’ll have a group dinner at Driftin’ HQ (our barn). Nothing fancy…maybe some smoked meat, potato salad, etc. Bring an iron stomach, because there’s a possibility I may be doing some of the cooking.

Circling back to the original purpose of this post, this is where the request to let us know if you might attend comes into play. It’ll help a lot with the shopping. Having said that, if you have to drop out after registering or if you decide at the last minute to hop on your scooter and join us, that’s fine. 

We’d love to have you join us. 

Driftin' 2021 Informal Guide.pdf

Edited by Mike
Replaced attachment with PDF version updated with legal disclaimer
  • Mike featured this topic
Brodiepunker18

I’m coming! 😁

depending on work, I’ll be there Friday night around 9-10ish or earlier Saturday morning through Sunday.

And I plan to camp!

• Thanks 1

I replied on the other thread; still plan on Thursday arrival.   I plan on hitting the UP,  via Mackinaw 8-9 June since it's kind of on the way from Tampa. :5146:

Tom

•  
  • Thanks 1

I’ve shared this before, so please excuse the repetition. For those who are not familiar with this area, it’s known as the Driftless Zone (hence the name of our event, “Driftin’), unchanged by the glaciation that scraped most of the Midwest flat over the past three ice ages. Also known as the Paleozoic Plateau, it’s home to some interesting topography and some of the rarest plant and animal species in North America, as well as the mounds and petroglyphs of ancient tribes. The geological history of the region has, coincidentally, resulted in some of the best motorcycling roads you’ll find anywhere.

This documentary gives a good overview: 

• Like 1

Sitting outside at Driftin’ HQ, sipping on a Manhattan. This is where it’ll happen. 

7FC67417-FD6B-41B1-8586-B7E626534E32.jpeg

• Like 4
11 hours ago, TPadden said:

What format is the informal guide?  -  unable to open it.

Thanks,

Tom

My mistake….sorry. I replaced the iOS Pages document with a PDF.  

• Thanks 1

As of today (May 26), this is what I have for the likely attendees:

Mike +1

stevenknapp +2

John Ranalletta +1

Dave_in_TX

MikeB60 +1

Jmaxx +1

syntorz

Bud

TPadden

Scout6

Larry Scalztti

Hammock Mike

Brodiepunker18

T.M. Roe

Whip

Some of these responses are a bit older and not everyone has shared their info on the registration form. If you think you might be in, please add your name by replying to this thread or by using the registration link. It’ll help when it comes to grocery shopping.

As of right now it looks as though around two dozen have RSVP’d that you’re in. 

Edited by Mike
Updated

I was hoping to do this ride. Taking my mom to her monthly eye doctor visit on the 11th. Leaving on a ride to Washington state on the 19th.

I had hoped to attend this year, however, I have a wife and adult daughter living with us that are both health compromised and sadly I will not be able to attend.

• Sad 1
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic