IGNORED

Extolling the benefits of motorcycling during Mental Health Awareness Week

MotoNews

• 2 years later...
SanderMills

First off, I totally agree with the original post - motorcycling is hands down the best therapy for my mental well-being! There's something so liberating about hitting the road, feeling the wind on your face, and leaving all the stress behind. Whenever life gets overwhelming, or I'm feeling a bit down, I hop on my bike and go for a ride. It's amazing how the open road can clear your mind and put things into perspective.

SanderMills
On 8/1/2023 at 3:14 AM, SanderMills said:

First off, I totally agree with the original post - motorcycling is hands down the best therapy for my mental well-being! There's something so liberating about hitting the road, feeling the wind on your face, and leaving all the stress behind. Whenever life gets overwhelming, or I'm feeling a bit down, I hop on my bike and go for a ride. It's amazing how the open road can clear your mind and put things into perspective.

Remember, taking care of our mental health is crucial, and motorcycling has been a game-changer for me. If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, don't hesitate to reach out to the national mental health hotline; they're there to listen and provide support.

During the lockdown I rode quite a bit. While most places were shut down, the gas stations were open, could put on a bunch of miles with hardly anyone on the road. I was able to explore so many roads I normally would not have taken the time to do, as there was nothing else to do.

It definitely helped me get thru the time. Riding brings me great joy, the thought of one day having to stop does not appeal to me right now.