IGNORED

‘21 RT Topcase question

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

For those with a topcase on your ‘21 RT, if the bike is off and you open the topcase does the interior light go on or does the bike have to be on or running. Trying to figure out a wiring issue. Thanks

35 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Not a 21 but a 2014 here. Bike and key off and the light comes on when I open the case.

That's the way my 2014 works as well.  If I'm leaving the top box open I'll close the latch, the light goes out.  Be sure to FULLY open the latch before closing the lid. 

I even did the old cell phone on record trick just to verify the light went off when closed. Seems I had this same issue of mistrust with a refrigerator door once. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I even did the old cell phone on record trick just to verify the light went off when closed. Seems I had this same issue of mistrust with a refrigerator door once. :classic_biggrin:

Pat, don't you trust Yehudi

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, CruisinCruzan said:

For those with a topcase on your ‘21 RT, if the bike is off and you open the topcase does the interior light go on or does the bike have to be on or running. Trying to figure out a wiring issue. Thanks

19 and 21 models. The light comes on in any state.  I doubt that there will be a difference between the European and American markets.

Cruisin,

Did u get your new bike already?  How was it?  What color?  Mine hasn't hit the production line yet. 

CruisinCruzan

Got it a couple of weeks ago. Alpine white (I usually paint my bikes so color is secondary). Like most of the early bikes, loaded, without radio (don’t care) and TPMS (do care). I actually haven’t ridden it yet, work, weather and I had to go out of town. Did spend most of one day putting on the stuff I knew I wanted to add and bought before the bike was delivered.