IGNORED

ABS Sensor Line Wear

RTRay

The ABS sensor line on my 2013 RT rubbed up against the front brake disc and seems to have shorted out the sensor, which give me a constant Brake Failure light. Is it possible to solder back together the break in this line or would it need to replaced with a new sensor/line?

dirtrider
8 hours ago, TRSouth said:

The ABS sensor line on my 2013 RT rubbed up against the front brake disc and seems to have shorted out the sensor, which give me a constant Brake Failure light. Is it possible to solder back together the break in this line or would it need to replaced with a new sensor/line?

Morning   TRSouth

Is it possible to solder, yes, is it easy to solder, no. Those wheel speed sensors wires are sealed so not easy or  straight forward to solder. It needs to be done correctly & fully sealed as it effects the brake ABS operation. 

There are special ABS wheel speed sensor sealed butt connectors that have have heat activated sealing glue in them but those are pretty bulky & ugly to use in the brake rotor rubbing area.  

Probably best to just replace the sensor & wire. 

11 hours ago, TRSouth said:

Here is the speed sensor and part number. Listed at $86. Search and see if you find a better price. 

20210509_085920.jpg

20210509_085945.jpg