IGNORED

A SS1000 Tale with a Twist (Thousands of them!)

StretchMark

Overheard following Stretchmark's victory:

"For sure, eet waz a very difficult SS1000 for me. I have good start, and Baker and me, we change position many times. Eet waz lot of fun. Then someting happen, and Sete, I mean Baker, he go off the track and can not feenish. (Baker, you never gone feenish a SS1000 again.) I make good time on last 200 mile. I cross feenish line first. I win. I get license holder. I very happy. Thank you."

I'm going to sound like a fruit cake here, but I also used a yoga sitting position which puts all the weight on the sitting bones and engages the quads. I also monitored my breathing throughout the ride. Sounds wierd I know, but it really works.

How'd the Downward Dog with you feet on the rear pegs work out?

[secret message to Spike only] OK, Spike, I think it's time to send Richard's little present off to Mark. He's earned them. grin.gif [/secret message to Spike only]

Patti confiscated them as soon as we got home. Ill see if I can get them back .... tongue.gif

russell_bynum
[secret message to Spike only] OK, Spike, I think it's time to send Richard's little present off to Mark. He's earned them. grin.gif [/secret message to Spike only]

Patti confiscated them as soon as we got home. Ill see if I can get them back .... tongue.gif

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

No. I mean the ones that Richard gave you. Not the other ones. You'll never get those back. grin.gif

Crap...edit period expired. I went from stud to girly man in one day confused.gif

"Putz" "Girlie-Man" "Fruit Cake"

Jeeze! What a tough bunch. This thread sure went to hell in a handbasket, and quickly.

Just for the record, Mark is a stand-up kind of guy. Just because he sounds like a fruit cake, doesn't necessarily mean he is one. And, a girlie-man? Come on, anyone who looks like that last picture can't possibly be a girlie man. I mean, really, who would go out with a "girl" who looks like that?

So, enough with the name calling! Everyone who has gotten to know Mark knows he is none of those things...

...but, he does SUCK! tongue.gif

grin.gif

So, enough with the name calling! Everyone who has gotten to know Mark knows he is none of those things...

Be careful, buddy, or we'll start on you next! We're on a roll! wink.gifeek.gifgrin.gif

We're just funnin' with Mark. You know we all love him, don't you. It's just after all the accolades, we have to help him get his head back down to a size that will fit in his helmet. We're not taking anything away from his great accomplishment. Anyone who can do a SS1000 with a sheep on the front of his bike is a hero in my book. grin.gif

Did I tell you guys about the time I did that SaddleSore on the Blue Ridge Parkway....Well, I never had any interest...

Anyway, when I got back to my hometown, I was shocked to receive a tickertape parade. I typically shy away from public adoration, but I was appreciative of my town's efforts. It was so beautiful, with all the flowers and balloons and colors and puppies...

40855901-M.jpg

Gosh, I still don't think my face has thawed out...and I really need a new hair style grin.gif

Overheard following Stretchmark's victory:

"For sure, eet waz a very difficult SS1000 for me. I have good start, and Baker and me, we change position many times. Eet waz lot of fun. Then someting happen, and Sete, I mean Baker, he go off the track and can not feenish. (Baker, you never gone feenish a SS1000 again.) I make good time on last 200 mile. I cross feenish line first. I win. I get license holder. I very happy. Thank you."

Rossi only thinks he's Stretchmark! grin.gif

Thank you Bill! Finally a sensible response grin.gif

Why just the other day I was talking to Vale (That's what his friends call him) and telling him about my SS1000 and how much more challenging it was than riding around in circles. He just smirked and walked away. Can you believe that guy grin.gif

28274659-S.jpg

Why just the other day I was talking to Vale (That's what his friends call him) and telling him about my SS1000 and how much more challenging it was than riding around in circles. He just smirked and walked away. Can you believe that guy

Mark, I think they make a drug for dementia. I'd be happy to help you locate it, buddy. thumbsup.gif

Get well, soon! thumbsup.gifwink.gif

P.S. Love ya, man! wink.gifgrin.gif

Yeah, you were talking to Vale...

I THINK the way that picture was obtained is while you were standing there in awe of Vale walking within 2 feet of you, Christine said "dude, I'm getting a picture!" and ran ahead and snapped one. tongue.gif

(I call him Vale too, does that mean I'm his friend?) grin.gif

At least you guys saw him...I never saw him out and about; just on the track. But I did talk to my buddy ( wink.gif )Nicky, so nothing else matters!

(yes, we had a fabulous chat, I think I managed to utter a completely stupid "you're awesome, Nicky" before he had to move on to the next hat to sign!) grin.gifdopeslap.gif

Why just the other day I was talking to Vale (That's what his friends call him) and telling him about my SS1000 and how much more challenging it was than riding around in circles. He just smirked and walked away. Can you believe that guy grin.gif

I don't think he understands southern.

Mark, my hearty congratulations! Apologies for the delay; I was sleeping for a while and missed the post. Heard about the twisties plan from Hoon while enjoying some wine at BB&B, and really thought she was kidding. After she confirmed the planned frivolity, I seriously considered calling to talk you out of it, not believing that the task was possible solely on the BRP. Glad I didn't, 'cause (1) I wouldn't have had a great ride report to review (after all, it IS all about me); (2) you wouldn't have such a great ride tale to remember and tell others about; and (3) we wouldn't now know that it be truly possible.

Way to go. thumbsup.gif

Glad I didn't, 'cause (1) I wouldn't have had a great ride report to review (after all, it IS all about me); (2) you wouldn't have such a great ride tale to remember and tell others about; and (3) we wouldn't now know that it be truly possible.

...and (4) we would never have found out what a STUD he is! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Tasker, You're coming around. grin.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Randy. I wasn't sure it was doable either, and I do appreciate the advice you passed along to Christine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

.....must get more attention....need more attention (Sorry Tasker grin.gif)

Nice note from Mr Kneebone, made it even more worthwhile.

Yes...I'm in!!! grin.gif

53298381-M.jpg

thumbsup.gif Nice!

It takes a while for that stuff to show up, but it sure

is fun when it does!

(I still haven't figured out what to do with those big

pins they've sent for my rides tongue.gif)

Nice to finally lose that sickly shade of green, isn't it, Mark?! thumbsup.gif It didn't look good on you anyway! grin.gif

( . . . with apologies to "YeeHaa! Stephen"! cool.gif )

Archived