IGNORED

Time for a Restoration

Bullett

I think it's just residue, the bore looks great in person. I didn't see anything looking at them, but the spots showed up in the picture.

I guess no one looked at my pictures, because on this forum, you can't post something like this and not get slammed. ;)

No slam here :thumbsup:

Just redundancy :lurk: :lurk:

Bill_Walker

I guess no one looked at my pictures, because on this forum, you can't post something like this and not get slammed. ;)

It looks like the nuts that hold the barrel on are missing. :)

HairyCannonball

The Head and cylinder are on backwards. The intake is 'sposed to be facing rear. Where do the pushrods go? :)

But I'm not going to slam you..especially since you're bringing a great old bike back to life. Very cool project.

Edited by HairyCannonball
The Head and cylinder are on backwards. The intake is 'sposed to be facing rear. Where do the pushrods go? :)

But I'm not going to slam you..especially since you're bringing a great old bike back to life. Very cool project.

Hey, Hairy. :wave: Thanks. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm told my bike won the prize for best bike shown at Beehive Beemers' Beemerfest. I wasn't there to confirm, but it's pretty exciting! :grin: My mechanic's v/m was all :grin:!

Glenn Reed
I'm told my bike won the prize for best bike shown at Beehive Beemers' Beemerfest. I wasn't there to confirm, but it's pretty exciting! :grin: My mechanic's v/m was all :grin:!

Without pics, it didn't happen, or so I'm told. Congratulations and we'd love to see the finished product!

:lurk:

DSCN4951.JPG

Lifted from the Beehive Beemers Beemerfest photos page.

Another one

DSCN4932.JPG

Edited by Bullett
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I brought the bike home today!!! :grin:

Jan snapped a few shots to memorialize the day.

R26 Comes Home

Bike ran pretty good but throttle response was a bit dodgy. When I got home, I realized the top of the carburetor where the slide is, came unscrewed. :P

I also remembered how to use both brakes. A couple of nice guys in a Mini Cooper rolled down their window to tell me I have a nice bike. It's good to have the R26 home in my own garage!

Grins all around!

She looks good Sharon. Nice job, love the color.

Now, to get you some leathers... :grin:

:wave:

MB>

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I can't imagine what a thrill it was riding it again. Thanks for the update and a special hi :wave: to both you and Jan.

P & K

• Like 1
roadscholar

Sharon, that is a great feeling when a long term restoration gets completed and you get to experience what the machine was like when it was new. Those old airheads are like a Swiss clock the way they ride. A friend has been tinkering with my R60/5 for about a year and I got to ride it some last night, I must say it was sublime, I'd had one 30 years ago and had forgotten how nice they feel. Before heading out tho' you have to remind yourself that the brakes are only there for casually reducing one's speed, the art of stopping had not yet been invented. :)

Congratulations, it is a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i'd park that mutha in the living room. it's absolutely 2 wheeled eye candy. stress relief with spokes. congrats.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Bumpity bump. A couple photos of my bike are in the January 2012 edition of the BMW ON, in the reader photo submissions for "restoration." We are on page 15. :grin:

• 7 years later...