IGNORED

Official UNRally Check-IN

Firefight911

Firefight911

OK, allow me to be the first to check in and report that I am back home as of 7:45 PM local time on July 10.

1200 miles of there and back! WooHoo. Total time was 27 hours start to finish!

Wouldn't have traded it for a million bucks!!!! I love it when I get the full effect of a surprise!!!

Steve, you did an amazing job from the limited vision I had due to my whopping 8 hours IN John Day, of which about 3-1/2 were sleeping.

I'm going for a Scotch and some sleep. 3-1/2 hours in 38+ hours and I am officially done!

It was GREAT to see old faces and awesome to finally meet new ones!! All were wonderful but I am going to play a small favorite and say how thrilled I was to finally meet Ron! Wish we had more time.

PhillyFlash

Tim, Craig, Bob and I have made it to Brookings, OR, after riding for 11 hours today. Good ride so far. Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. We'll check in again on Monday when we get home.

Home at 1700 on the button. Left JD at 0645. 580 miles, with no performance awards for Joe G or myself, and the rear wheel stayed on the whole way.

Great placing the faces with the names.

Bullett and Twisties left the Un at mid=morningish. Will overnight in Cascade, Idaho on Hwy 55. Nice ride today, I particularly enjoyed Idaho 71 South of Oxbow. Woohoo!

I rode to Florence and south down the Oregon coast to Crescent City, CA (prox 510 mi). I started to go further but decided sleeping in the Redwoods not a wise choice. My thanks go to Bend Bill for his suggestion that I take a few minutes to view the Sahalle Falls along the Mckensie River. Fabulous!

Jeff

3809.jpg.ebbcb29398d0a97ef92d718f5af76c80.jpg

Checking in from where I'll be staying for the next couple of days in Silverdale, WA so it'll have to count as home. The Columbia River is awesome, thanks for the tips Kitsap! Thanks everyone for another awesome Unrally. And for the people I didn't know before this Unrally it was awesome to meet and ride with you. :wave:

Edited by BrianT
Les is more

Jamie and I did our 550 miles or so to Coleville on the 395. We're at the Meadowcliff Lodge until Sunday. Then we'lll do the last 500 miles home.

What a fun Un!!! I love connecting with old friends and making new ones!!!!!!

Heck and the Missus holed up in Redding in the heat with all the fires all around...Expect to blast out of here early AM to get back to Baja tomorrow mid day before the sweltering heat..

Thanks to Wiener Steve for a great UNrally... I can now return to my regularly scheduled work program with a clear head! Great to see old friends and meet new ones. This may need to become a habit!

We'll check in upon arrival in Baja...

Firefight911

I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost 600 miles today..........................hummmmm.....saddle sore next?????????????

Thank you to everyone!!! The support was amazing! Who says you need a bike to go to an event???????? :clap:

The night before I had decided to simply take 395 North and then I-90 West as the quickest route. Friday morning the bike had other ideas. Left John Day stuffed with one fantastic breakfast by 7:30am and the ride was on.

Arrived in Hood River at 11:00 via Fossil, Spray, Kimberly, Condon, Wasco and Biggs and proceeded to chat up this gal with the Labadoodle.

330025047_twuMk-M.jpg

My wife wants one so a little fact gathering was to be had. The dog’s name in Whiskey, I don’t remember the woman’s name.

After a little ice-cream, yummy, that was inhaled prior to pictures..

330025012_f5niD-M.jpg

I was off to Mt. St. Helens on WA14..

330025145_KeDCi-M.jpg

I met these two interesting gents, Mike and Ron, from Boise Idaho who were in the area for a Motorcycle Trike Rally. Mike on the left was a real character, can you tell?

330025392_WXV7C-M.jpg

After taking a pic of the Mt. Ron offered to “spice it up a bit” by including one with me, and yes my camera still functions.

330025188_qtCme-M.jpg

330025310_6TmEb-M.jpg

I arrived safely home to hugs and kisses and PIZZA! Pizza goes fast around here when my 13 year old vacuum, uhm son, is in the house.

330036751_WiihA-L.jpg

CoarsegoldKid

10:32 pm Home and showered. Juanita is making a din din and I'm having a tall Foster's. What a tale to tell. Later.

Hopz and Mrs Hopz back in the barn at 1800 hours on Friday night.

Safely; no awards, no near misses, 12+ on a 10 point scale of scenery, 15+ on the same scale for meeting people and seeing friends.

Condensed version of ride report is: Ride, traffic, solitude, wind, hot, aromas, friends, eat, ride, tired, exhilarated, twisty roads, construction, cold, desert, crowded, ride, home.

Details to follow.

Done, just closed the door 15 minutes ago, odometer shows 3988 km for the complete trip.

went out via vale then up the lola pass, missoula, great falls, overnight in fort benton, neat little town and, then over to malta turn left and headed for the north pole.

it sure was no fun having to leave, but the roads were good and the weather stayed fine, and the awarder of performances didn't see me, man i love haulin @$$ in Montana...

Next year?

Edited by SANTA

Home at about 2:30PM Saturday 7/12. Lots of hot 100+ temps and smoke, especially around Redding on the I-5. BUT - a great UN - lots of fun and good people. Thanks to Steve for a great job. Ready for next year!!!

Heck and the Missus home at 4:00 PM....Dog and cat welcome us.

Kinda warm here. Almost like Redding.

Had a blast! 1800 miles on the GS- 1840 on the Trike (Shuttlebus)

The Missus is still talking to me post trip! Life is good!

Heading to shower and then a cold beer.

PT Steve and MS PT are home via a route composed of what Kitsap did and what he planned to do. We went up 19 through Fossil and Condon. Then we got on 206. It starts out like it's going to run through wheat fields. However, the whole thing is really a series of canyons. Anyway, from Biggs, we went on good ole 97 to Yakima then slabbed back on I-90 for a while.

Very enjoyable trip and now there are some faces to go with the names. Now if we in the north could get something going like the guys from Cal. (Torrey twice a year, DVD a couple of times a year).

In at 445pm.

Thurs headed to Portland, saw Mom. No apple pie tho..

Fri hit the Oregon coast and ended at Eureka.

Today had breakfast at Samoa, the headed down the 101 to 36 and inland.

Hwy 36 was nice but real bad smoke. Recent fires and some areas still burnin....Waved at all the firefighters standing watch. Brave souls they are.

Thanks to all involved for putting a great UN on.

And great meeting new faces and reuniting with old ones. :wave:

Catch you all on the flip side.

MB>

Hello to all ...

Becca and I rolled into Susanville about 3:00 pm today. Total trip mileage was 1750 door to door. Not bad considering we played around over at the Rogue River for a couple of days before heading over to John Day.

Had a great time, enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting some new friends.Outside of getting Becca's boots ripped off the first night out things went well. Hope everyone gets home event free.

Mat

Jean and I are holed up in Amarillo, 8 hours to do tomorrow (Sunday).

Saw elk in WY, big traffic in Denver, took toll road to escape east. 47 degrees in Wy, never got over 74 all day, I thought this was July, geeze. Big wind and always from the left?????

I missed Twisties and Bullet, got lost 3 times today, well the GPS sent me to places unknown, ugh!

Jean and I are holed up in Amarillo, 8 hours to do tomorrow (Sunday).

Saw elk in WY, big traffic in Denver, took toll road to escape east. 47 degrees in Wy, never got over 74 all day, I thought this was July, geeze. Big wind and always from the left?????

I missed Twisties and Bullet, got lost 3 times today, well the GPS sent me to places unknown, ugh!

Well,

In any event, we're home! Pulled in at 9:04 MST. Our under 500 mile/day record seems to be intact as google maps says our route today was 491 miles. We'll see what the Zumo has to say about it later.

Great UN. Great rides, great roads, great bikes, great weather, great people, great fun. Really enjoyed it.

Jan & Sharon (Bullett)

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I'm holed up near Terrebonne, OR for a few days. Saw Richard and Jacqueline as the passed me coming back. Went offroading on a few occasions...

Seattle run will be on Tuesday.

The family and I arrived home yesterday (Sat) approx. 9AM after a 15 hour flight of which about 2 were sleeping. Zombied it out till 8PM then crashed for 9 hours blissfull sleep.

Great to see all that I did and I can see why Steve chose that area for the shindig. Top countryside we experienced to and from.

Cheers,

After doing 1559.2 miles in 27 hrs, 10 minutes, I'm in the house at 7:45 am.

Had a fantastic time all the way around.

Well done, Steve. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna go lay down.

lES'sEE...

1st off - HOME..! got in at 8:00pm last evening after an 800 mile romp thru an amazingly mild eastern Wyoming/Nebraska/Iowa.

2nd - that tagged another 800 mile from JDay thru Idaho and western Wyoming...both done in 13 hours...

3rd - met up with some really good friends - PBurkett, the Delines, Santa, MikeRC, BecMat, Philly, Scout, Les/CoolDancin'Jamie, etcetcetc...but got to meet some really cool NEW folks like MBElec//10ovr//O DannyBoy Huzband//Andy//Nigel//

4th - I'll try to get a ride report with pic's...my adventure at this "UN" was 2 fold what with meeting with my high school chums from around the area...2 tales...one story.

Stay tuned...

I came home on Thursday and work on Friday. HandyAndy wanted to see the beach on his way home to Toronto. I thought it was the right direction?... He overnighted at my house on Friday, we rode south on Saturday to see the Redwoods...

Alas, the road was closed due to fire so at Port Orford we turned around. I sent Andy to Crater Lake and headed up the beach to home.

My ride log was 1685 miles for the UnRally experience, NICE!...

Back home, had a great time. Smoke in the sky was crazy, glad it wasn't like that up at the UN... Could barely see Mt. Shasta, decided not to take ca 36 back out to the coast because of fires...

I still have another 3-4 weeks I can take off this year though, so I will be out on the bike again soon.

I'm now in Eugene, Oregon after having picked up my wife on Saturday afternoon at the Portland airport. We're spending the next two weeks on the bike in the northwest (Oregon, Washington, B.C., and Alberta). She flies home from Calgary and I'll bring up the rear on the RT. I'll be on the road for another three weeks, making four in total by the time I get home.

Have had some great rides so far, and tomorrow we'll do a day ride from Eugene. It was hot yesterday (Sat), and again today (94F at the moment). Really enjoyed the riding around John Day, and some of the rides on the way to the Un (Beartooth, Lolo etc.).

Home Sunday the 13th ... total ride miles loged from GPS 27336+- and only 400-+ from home,

Steve , thanks for putting this togeather, it was wonderful, I left Thursday for Idaho and rode to Lowman and Kitchem, than made it back for the closing ceramonys Friday nite at a dinner house.

Hey Richard, was that you in Sisters Saturday??

Home at 2 PM today after a night in Crescent City, CA and a second (after riding the Redwoods) in the SF Bay area as a guest of forum member FrankG and his wife (Frank was UnAble to make the UnRally). Roundtrip was just over 3200 miles - my longest moto ride ever and at 9 days, my longest away trip in years (I need to get out more! :/ ).

Jeff

I got home at 6AM Friday morning after 850 miles from John Day to home. I rode across the desert during the night to beat the heat. I only dodged one coyote around Lone Pine. He was standing in the middle of the road eating "road kill" when my headlight picked him up. I was doing about 70 mph and I came to almost a dead stop 5 feet from him before he took off! Lots of deer along side the road on 395 South of John Day but none seemed to be a threat even though I slowed down for each one. I don't usually ride much at night so the dark was an interesting experience. Great UN, good job Steve. It was so good to see old friends and put faces with new names.

Jean and I are home. Cool ride till last 300 miles. Showers in texas panhandle. Had a great trip, thanks to all the un organizers!

Arrived home after a bit of a scare attempting to leave John Day... The bike would crank but not start.

I had a GS-911 that I had been doing show and tell with all week. Comes down to my bike and all of a sudden I don't believe it. It was reporting a 10167: Output stage to electric fuel pump error. Discovered at 8:55 on Saturday morning. Contacted Sierra BMW at 9:00. Problem resolved by 9:15. Seems when I worked on the bike earlier this month, I didn't get the fuel pump connector fully seated. It took Forest road 16 in John Day to jar it loose!. Thanks to Sierra BMW for performing over the phone diagnostics (telling me to pull the side cover and check the connection) when my brain dropped the ball.....

Remainder of trip uneventful. Just very smoky from Susanville, CA south.

Thanks to Steve for a great event! Thanks to all for a wonderful event!

I always wondered who the tech calls when it comes time to call the tech?

Don't you hate that network message, "consult you system administrator", I go, who the hell do you think is working on this piece of MS junk?

The first leg of my return is complete. Got in about 19:00. I'm just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin after 2,300 miles: Oregon, Washington, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

Visiting with family for a few days before the next and final 1,600 mile leg.

Paul Mihalka

Not home yet, but having a great time. Holed up in Mitchell SD after three great riding days. On the way crossed Rattlesnake grade, rt. 12 Lolo pass, corner of Yellowstone, Beartooth parkway. Today 600 miles of I90. More from home, on Wednesday.

I arrived home in Omaha at about 6:30 this evening. I got new tires at BMW Salt Lake on Saturday and then rode Highway 40 through UT and CO. Stopped for the night at the luxurious Hotel Eastin in Kremmling, CO. What a strange hotel but what do you want for $30! Took off early this morning and rode through Winter Park then super-slab the rest of the way home.

Les is more

Left Coleville, CA at 8:30 AM. After one puncture repair before leaving, a 1.5 hour delay and subsequent detour due to flash flooding on the 395, riding through lightening, rain and inches deep, muddy water flooding the low spots,and the 90+ degree temps on I-15, we made the 500 mile trip home in 11 hours, for a grand total of about 2600 miles.

What a great UN and what awesome people you all are!!

Thanks again Steve and crew.

Left Saturday. Not home yet.

Performance award in Wyoming. Drat. Double Drat.

Mooched Cliff Bars and breakfast smoothies from Dennis. Yum.

York Nebraska tonight.

Tomorrow fursure.

'Nite all.

Home in Browning this afternoon in time to see some of the Powwow at Indian Days.

Despite a failing transmission, Marlene took me home. Filling the tranny with a mixture of Amsoil Gear Oil and some sort of STP-like stuff from the nice folks at the Polaris dealership in John Day did the trick.

Couldn't take Lolo Pass. Rt 12 was closed by fire, which was burning right up to the road. One fire-fighting aircraft nearly dumped red fire fire-retardant on us.

Slept in the forest that night and arrived Butte, Montana, for the National Folk Festival on Friday morning.

It was OUTSTANDING!!!! Five Star!

A Quebecois group called Le Vent du Nord was incredible.

It was a kick to see these young Montana cowboys gittin' down with Congolese and Latin music and just having a great time.

There was a group from Texas called the Quebe Sisters. Three absolutely lovely young ladies aged 17, 19, and 22, all of whom are state and national fiddle champions and harmonize like the Andrews Sisters. Their bass player has played with the Duke Ellington Orchestra and their rhythm guitar and arranger guy is super. Incredible to see such talent and professionalism in such young performers.

You Texans take note! Watch out for these girls!

Sagerider quote:

Arrived home after a bit of a scare attempting to leave John Day... The bike would crank but not start.

I had a GS-911 that I had been doing show and tell with all week. Comes down to my bike and all of a sudden I don't believe it. It was reporting a 10167: Output stage to electric fuel pump error.

That reminds me of the old Dragnet TV series. Jack Webb would always say something like, "I'm taking you in on a One-Twenty-Eight."

If anyone knows where I can get a replacement transmission let me know.

Steve, thanks again. YOU DA MAN!

Edited by doc47

I got in around 11:00 last night after logging 750 miles from Yakima, WA. Less then 200 of it on 4 lane highways. Rode up the Yakima Canyon before the local authorities had left the donut shops. What's with a 45mph limit on a road engineered for 90? Then up and over to Dry Falls/Sun Lakes State Park (a must see if you are ever in The-Middle-of-Nowhere, WA). Then cooking along on WA 17 towards the Chief Joseph Dam and what do I catch up to - the one State Trooper for a 100 mile radius!!!! At least he was doing 62.3 mph in the 60 zone. Big help. Then I got to work on more corners for 350 miles of WA 20, BC 3 and 93 before the last stretch home in the dark.

Thanks to everyone for a great week.

5300 km round trip. Photos and ride tale to come.

Mike Cassidy

Edited by MikeRC
BeniciaRT_GT

Miss Jacqueline and I arrived home just now!

Incredible time and an amazing trip... Ride tale may take weeks or longer to put together, but it was an fantastic trip!

Wonderful folks all, but I am now convinced Greg Turk doesn't exist as this is the third time I've been to an event with you there and didn't get to talk about your wonderful name!

Thanks to Steve and mucho KUDOS too! ( sorry for the scare on 26 after the Un was over!!! :wave:)

My riding was apparently impressive enough, a CHP on I-5 felt the need to let me know how much he liked my mad Skillz.

More on all this later, as it is time to eat and go to bed after a short little 1900 mile trip!

BeniciaRT_GT
Hey Richard, was that you in Sisters Saturday??

Yep!!! I decided to turn around and get gas so we met you while you were headed away from the world's largest quilt festival!!!

Home on Sunday eve, staying over when family joined me on Saturday.

What a super time. Met a gaggle of new friends, and happy to see old ones. What a festive group :)

Nice job, Steve. Have fun with friends in Terrebone: you deserve the break.

Sorry, should have posted up a long time ago. We got home Friday after about 1632 miles total. New tires are working great.

After telling everyone that 395 north of John Day is a really fine road, we took 19 and 207 to Heppner. A VERY fun ride! So, everybody needs to turn around and come back to ride those roads.

Thanks again to all for the advice on getting new tires, eg. Sagerider, Heck, Tank, BendBill, OutPost, Les is More, and others.

Rod