IGNORED

Bug screens for 1250RT

bimmers

I have on my 1200 RTs put some bug screens in the air intake for the oil cooler. They have worked well even with love bug attacks during the season here in FL.

Now when  I got the new 2021  1250 RT I found that it is not as easy to mount the screens as it was on the old ones. 
does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the bug screens on these new bikes, or is there an effective way of efficiently cleaning the radiators, backwashing might work but I was never that happy with backwashing on my cars. I had a bad experience with love bugs on one car a few years back as he entire garage started stinking and it turned out it was the love bugs left in the rad after all cleaning....... so after plenty of pressure wash and detergents/solvents I did get it cleaned. So of course I don't want to have that happen on the bike.

otherwise, oh boy, is there a difference between this one and the two 1200 RTs I still have. I am blown away, both in mind and agility, speed etc. I am a happy camper. 

h

Have not figured out yet if it is using the brakes and the brake lights would come on or not when slowing down.

it is just like in the car but I still feel I'm too much looking down to know what I'm doing. And I am missing apple play where I could use Waze like in the BMW car.......

h

53 minutes ago, bimmers said:

Have not figured out yet if it is using the brakes and the brake lights would come on or not when slowing down.

it is just like in the car but I still feel I'm too much looking down to know what I'm doing. And I am missing apple play where I could use Waze like in the BMW car.......

h

One of the review videos I had watched claims the brake light does go on if you are on adaptive cruise.