IGNORED

Any old timers around yet? 2002 Trenton rally band info wanted

Hey fellow Beemers, where do I find the old folks section? I joined back when it was BMWRT.com :old:. Haven't been here in a LONG time. 

Is Team Wurty still a thing? I got a hat here somewheres...

Anywho, ran across a bagpipe video and it sparked a memory of the 2002 Trenton Ontario rally where we camped at a county park and a military band played bagpipe music. It was very interesting music, moving yet relaxing. I intended to find out who the band was and buy a CD but the next morning my head was foggy from the Molson and we packed up and headed home.

Got a "slow down" wave from the CMPs on the way home for going WAY over the allowed Km/H. (130 in a 85) Looked back and all the bikes following me were gone...

LOL good times.

If anyone remembers who the military band was I would greatly appreciate it. 

Ride safe Friends. 

CJK

CJK,

The pipe band was quite likely the 8 Wing Trenton Pipes and Drums.  I live about 20 km from the base, I retired from the RCAF 6 years ago.  Coincidently my wife is now learning to play the pipes but she's not part of the 8 Wing Pipes and Drums.

Regards.

https://www.cafconnection.ca/Trenton/In-My-Community/8Wing-CFB-Trenton-Volunteer-Bands/8Wing-CFB-Trenton-Pipes-and-Drums.aspx

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Jake, Wurty was a member here back then. Quite a character. 

Bluenoser, I think you are correct. They sure sound like I remembered. Thank you so much!

Sorry CJK, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek so I thought best to explain.  "What's a Wurty?" was a common phrase on these pages back in the day, so I took a long shot that you might have remembered.  Once someone meets a Wurty, you just can't unsee him.  Here he is, two mofrackers to my left.  Glad to see you check in, and cool that you have your answer.

i-X5CkjQG-L.jpg