IGNORED

Traveling Locations and Restorations

Rougarou

We moved to this little town for the quaintness and charm. The year after we moved here, restoration started on this theater (it reminds me of the one I grew up going to).  The first time I toured this little theater, when you walked into the back, you could see sky.  They've come a long way in their restorations.  In talking with a member of the group doing the restoration, they are trying to bring it back to it's original design.  This is a very small town, population about 1200, so getting funds up doesn't come quite easily.  They generally get a good hit when events happen in town.  With the current situation, not many events have happened to get the foot traffic necessary to have cash dropped in the fishbowl.  Every event, I've dumped my papermoney into the fishbowl, so no telling what I've already given.  Anyway, thought it be nice to put this out since many of us, on our rides, hit these small towns and I've seen many photos in front of dilapidated buildings that could use some help.

https://www.facebook.com/Palmettotheatreofwalnutcove/

I'm not affiliated with any group pertaining to this restoration or fundraising,......I just live here.

• Like 1