IGNORED

Both Low Beams and Both Moto Lights out???

Bigfish

Where should I look first? Already followed the cables coming from battery and to the added fuse block and all those check out fine.

Not sure where to look next.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Where should I look first? Already followed the cables coming from battery and to the added fuse block and all those check out fine.

Not sure where to look next.

Thanks.

Morning  Bigfish

Tell us what you are working on? You are posting in the hexhead forum but your signature shows an 1150RT (oilhead).

9 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Opps. Sorry about that. Bike is a 2009 r1200 rt Hexhead.

Thanks!

Afternoon  Bigfish

OK, now some more questions. 

Where are your "Moto Lights" powered from or where are they tied into your motorcycle's electrical system? 

It is possible that you burnt out both low beam H-7 bulbs ( that happens occasionally)  & if your Moto Lights are tied into the low beam circuit the computer might have shut that circuit down.

Or, if your "Moto Lights" are triggered by the low beam circuit it's possible that you have a short in that so again the computer might shut the low beam circuit down.

Tell us more about what you have & how it's wired. 

Thanks DR.

I wont have time to investigate this until after the 25th of April. I did not install the Moto Lights but I will take off all the tupperware and trace the connection and get back to you.

18 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Thanks DR.

I wont have time to investigate this until after the 25th of April. I did not install the Moto Lights but I will take off all the tupperware and trace the connection and get back to you.

Morning  Bigfish

You might start by verifying that you don't just have burnt out low beam bulbs. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to troubleshooting my lights issues.

Bought some SabreLED Profit 40w H7 W  for low beam replacements and they are now working great. 

The company for the lights, DDM Tuning,  is literally less than a mile away from my house. The have top notch LED conversions.

Moto Lights was more difficult. By deduction, I am 99.9% sure the issue was with the Left side light lead. New light lead ordered.

After cutting off the Zip Ties on the Left lead, both motolights worked. But then I blew another fuse so I just disconnected that wire and the right side works fine.