IGNORED

New Member - Quick Question

bmiller

Hi!  

I just joined having bought my first motorcycle I thought I'd better sign up on here and learn what I can.  I've driven stuff at family gatherings at the farm over the years but never owned one of my own.  

I just purchased a 2015 F700GS  with only 725 miles on it.  While trying to find the engine serial number to get it registered.  I noticed what I think is a breather port on the cylinder head cover.  No one sells a replacement.  Item 4 & 5.  Judging by how new the bike is I was wondering if #4 & #5 in the parts diagram is required?

Anyone know???

Thanks in advance,

Brad 

image.png.aaba09492b964c75053bda207aa4d67a.png

Welcome to the forum. I can’t really help you. But I would think you would at least need that sealed off if it is not required to actually get the bike to run correctly. Does it idle and ride ok?Someone with more knowledge than me will be able to answer your question soon. 

The parts are available by the way. I would think any reputable BMW dealer could find them. Good luck. 

9 hours ago, bmiller said:

Hi!  

I just joined having bought my first motorcycle I thought I'd better sign up on here and learn what I can.  I've driven stuff at family gatherings at the farm over the years but never owned one of my own.  

I just purchased a 2015 F700GS  with only 725 miles on it.  While trying to find the engine serial number to get it registered.  I noticed what I think is a breather port on the cylinder head cover.  No one sells a replacement.  Item 4 & 5.  Judging by how new the bike is I was wondering if #4 & #5 in the parts diagram is required?

Anyone know???

Morning Brad

Those are valves for the secondary air system, they are probably needed as the BMW 800 engine uses the same secondary air valve system & they are definitely needed on that engine. 

7 hours ago, Whip said:

I think you will have better luck getting your question answered here.

Thanks!

Edited by Whip