IGNORED

Need PIAA 1100 replacement bulbs

BamaRider

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get an MR-16 50 watt spot light. They are supposed to work just as well as the PIAA, and only cost about $5.00.

1945644872_683911-halogen_bulbs1.jpg.c34bbf03ff5e2c643b4a130fa01f7991.jpg

Try DirtyParts.com in L.A. -- I ordered a replacement 1100X from them for about $35 plus $7 for shipping. Call them and ask for Larry (since their on-line ordering form isn't working). The 1100X PIAAs have a sealed lens so I haven't yet figured out how to use a much cheaper MR-16 from Home Depot. I guess I'll try to pry the lens off the burned out PIAA bulb and cement it on the MR-16 to see if that works. Anyone tried that before?

I guess I'll try to pry the lens off the burned out PIAA bulb and cement it on the MR-16 to see if that works.

The MR-16 is a sealed bulb. I have two in the garage, and just checked them. I was told by a person who has used them that he used a rubber "O" ring he bought at a hardware store to seal the bulb better. Another person said they just put the MR-16 in without using a rubber ring, and have not had any problems. I thought for $5.00 I'd try them.

CycleGadgets and Whitehorse Gear sell them , but for big bucks! If you go with the PIAA bulbs be sure to save the reciept as they will replace them if they go again within a year.

The PIAA lights are good, but I switched to Motolights just because of the bulb replacement issue.

Archived