IGNORED

Insurance Quote Question

Started going through Geico on line insurance quote for my 2018 RT.  They asked, does it have an anti theft device?  I vaguely remember the dealer mentioning one.  I can't find anything in the manual.  Fork lock was not one of the 'devices' mentioned.  So, anyone know if we have anti theft devices and is it in our manual somewhere?

Do you have keyless ride / central locking?   My '19 RT came with those and also has anti-theft alarm system, or DWA.   I can activate it with the key FOB.   In the owner's manual (p 75 in my book) shows how to use it. 

You can also look up your VIN using an online VIN decoder to see if it was optioned on your bike.   There are a few of those type of VIN checking web sites and this is one I have as a favorite.   I think Real OEM may work, too, for the listing.

You can also download the manual specific for your bike, if you do not have it handy.

ADDED:  there is a way to look in the menu, via the wonder wheel.   Go to the Settings menu  and select Vehicle - Alarm System to see if you have it available.

The Fabricator

I would think 'anti-theft' refers to an alarm and/or some alert to the key fob from a motion or perimeter sensor.

Obviously, every bike has a key.  I don't think that is an insurance company definition of 'anti-theft' device.

I will say the one time my computer went on the bike, the first thing the dealer suspected was the key.  That micro chip in the key must be married to the computer or it will not run.  That said, with a suck computer, it will not run either.

For sure if you have keyless ride there is an alarm as part of that package

Funny how insurance companies treat motorcycles like "little cars".  They must not realize how most motorcycles get stolen,  Several burly doods roll up next to your bike in a panel van, or small delivery truck, and they muscle it in even with the alarm screaming away...and drive away.  And while the RT is getting to be a big ole boy of a bike, it is no bagger Hawg, which can and does evaporate in the same way.

On 4/6/2021 at 4:26 PM, wbw6cos said:

Do you have keyless ride / central locking?   My '19 RT came with those and also has anti-theft alarm system, or DWA.   I can activate it with the key FOB.   In the owner's manual (p 75 in my book) shows how to use it. 

You can also look up your VIN using an online VIN decoder to see if it was optioned on your bike.   There are a few of those type of VIN checking web sites and this is one I have as a favorite.   I think Real OEM may work, too, for the listing.

You can also download the manual specific for your bike, if you do not have it handy.

ADDED:  there is a way to look in the menu, via the wonder wheel.   Go to the Settings menu  and select Vehicle - Alarm System to see if you have it available.

Thanks, I think this locking function is what was described to me at purchase.  I don't use it.  It probably meets the definition of anti theft devise.