IGNORED

Moving tail case forward behind driver

ScottyR

Has anyone ever moved the non-bmw tail case forward behind the rider more? I don't have a passenger and my Givi case seems way to disconnected from the bike on the rear. Looking to set up a mount system to bring it forward more. Similar to a police edition but with the larger bag since the police version does not have very much space in it. Let me know your thoughts. 

King Herald

I built a rack for mine, to hard mount my pre-owned boxes, and planned to put a top box right behind me, almost as a bit of a back rest. But then I realised I'd not be able to open the side boxes with the top box on.....:27:

Thats why most guys run very narrow top boxes. :4317:

So, I just put a piece of checker plate on to strap things to when touring. My set up is a whole 10" narrower than it was on the bike I scored the boxes from, a Triumph. 

IMG_2919.JPG

My RT has side opening cases so that’s not an issue for me. Awaiting a BMR flatbed to arrive and that will be what I use to trial this. If the police version had more space I would just use that.

My 2003 Rockster 1150 originally came with the flat plate which could be replaced with a pillion seat as an option (which mine has). I wonder if such a thing is still available and would fit in place of your pillion seat, offering a good mounting point for a box, also has the advantage of being removable with the key to get access to the under-seat area.

That would be a good idea but doesn’t fit to the Rt from the R. They even made a GS version but the rear body work gets in the way.