IGNORED

r11r airhawk cusion

gazzr11r

Hi, new here and loving my first oilhead r1100r. I'm thinking of getting an airhawk cushion. I see airhawk recommend the cruiser r which is 11" x 11" and contoured at the front or the dual sport which is the same size. these seem a bit small for my seat which is 14" x 12", airhawks next size up is 14" x 14" which my be a little too big ?

Has anyone tried any of the airhawk cusions on there r1100r, any advise appreciated.

Best R1100R Products Collection - Airhawk.html

well I've gone for the dualsport airflow, its arrived, been fitted and is a perfect size and fit. I'll let you know how it performs when i next take her out. 

Interesting question.

Lots of people have used them. Some love them.

I HATE the thing. It is still sat in my storage cupboard!

I did a 2 hour ride Sunday and stopped once for photos (not because of a numb ass). I could never have ridden that long without getting uncomfortable, first impression of the air hawk are good 😎😁👍

I've tried several Airhawk pads on several bikes and think they are still sitting on a shelf somewhere.  The first one was "as recommended" for a '99 R1100RT with an OEM seat.  It was too big as all the air was squeezed to the edges which left me sitting on the seat again.  Tried all variations of air and position.  Then I tried the pillion pad (smallest) and it was some better, but it was always moving around.  I found a good used Corbin for the RT and forgot about the 'hawks.  Corbin, Sargent, or Russell Day-Long.  Good used ones are available from time to time.

• Thinking 1
  • 3 weeks later...
King Herald

I bought a medium sized Airhawk for my 1100r, but found it made the seat space to small, crushed my family jewels up against the back of the gas tank, due to the bucket shape of the seat. I sent the Airhawk back and rode normally..

After a 3000 mile trip around Europe I hated the stock seat and its locked in seating position, so I peeled back the cover and sliced all the raised foam area off around the back edge. Then I ordered a bigger Airhawk and found it worked excellently on long trips. 300+ miles a day with no problems. 

I have noticed that most aftermarket seats, like the Sargent, look a similar profile to my modified job. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the item below last fall. I saw enough negative reviews on the airhawk, that I did not want to spend that kind of coin on something that may or may not work.  This was $25 and I used it last fall and so far this spring and I did notice that with lower air pressure, it does relieve some pressure points I have but I still need to get under the front riser and raise it up a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z7FMTS1/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_R14VK0EZPN8S7AVNX8HC