IGNORED

Electrical Questions

TSConver

So on the new to me 2011 R1200RT the previous owner installed what I think are Hyper-lights S32 rear brake and running lights and a Centech AP-1 fuse block on a relay controlled power input. Anyone have experience with either of these? Are they reliable? Looks like the hyper-lights and the garmin cradle is powered off the Centech.

2021-04-02 09.49.41.jpg

2021-04-02 10.03.22.jpg

45 minutes ago, TSConver said:

So on the new to me 2011 R1200RT the previous owner installed what I think are Hyper-lights S32 rear brake and running lights and a Centech AP-1 fuse block on a relay controlled power input. Anyone have experience with either of these? Are they reliable? Looks like the hyper-lights and the garmin cradle is powered off the Centech.

Afternoon  TSConver

The devises themselves are pretty decent & seem to function without issue.  The problems I see & have to deal with are usually wiring related due to poorly made connections or improper wire routing. 

Form what I can see on your wiring it looks like it was done by someone that used decent wiring abilities. I can't see the actual wire connections themselves but  from what I can see it looks decent.

RandyShields

I used that set up on some prior bikes before just wiring directly to the battery on more recent bikes.  Worked well with no problems.