IGNORED

Remus Hexicone

Ponch

Got a very good deal on a Remus Hexicone, but it looks like it's for a 2010 RT, not 2009. Is there a way to get it to fit? It would seem I'd need a different front pipe on the muffler or make an adapter. Just wondering if anyone has done it. 

Boyd's Auto

Greetings, I have an Arrow exhaust for my '08 RT that is from a '12, same issue, the sleeve that goes from the pipe to the muffler has to be approximately 54 mm on one end and 63 mm on the exhaust end. If you can get someone to fabricate a new sleeve or modify the one you have that should work. Be mindful of the length of the sleeve as you need to line-up the bolts to clamp it and for the hanger.

Mike 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Boyd's Auto said:

Greetings, I have an Arrow exhaust for my '08 RT that is from a '12, same issue, the sleeve that goes from the pipe to the muffler has to be approximately 54 mm on one end and 63 mm on the exhaust end. If you can get someone to fabricate a new sleeve or modify the one you have that should work. Be mindful of the length of the sleeve as you need to line-up the bolts to clamp it and for the hanger.

Mike 

Yeah, it's short too. Probably an inch or two for sure. The pipe comes off, so I was hoping that the pipe could be sourced. It's in great shape, paid $50 for it. If I can't source the pipe, I'll either find an adapter/make one/have one made or sell it. 

Have you reached out to Remus, or somewhere that carries them? You might be able to find the correct pipe for your bike and just swap it out. It’ll still definitely be cheaper then buying a whole setup. I have the titanium/carbon fiber Remus and I love it. 

2 minutes ago, MBrockman5 said:

Have you reached out to Remus, or somewhere that carries them? You might be able to find the correct pipe for your bike and just swap it out. It’ll still definitely be cheaper then buying a whole setup. I have the titanium/carbon fiber Remus and I love it. 

Yeah, this is the carbon fiber one. I sent an email to both the European company and the US distributor, no response yet. 

The feeder pipe length difference is the 2010-2013 has an exhaust power valve between the header and the pipe that connects to the muffler...... It will sound sweet though!!

2 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

The feeder pipe length difference is the 2010-2013 has an exhaust power valve between the header and the pipe that connects to the muffler...... It will sound sweet though!!

It's a different diameter too. 

Well, Remus got back to me, response below:

The connector will not work as the canister inlet size for the 2010-2013 model is different than the 2009. It went from 54mm to 60mm. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Patrick Schrickel

REMUS USA

5450 Louie Lane

Unit 102

Reno, NV 89511

510-595-3300

Patrick@RemusUSA.com

www.RemusUSA.com

I got an adapter and I am not 100% satisfied as it's not stainless steel. I'll have to source one. It doesn't sound that much different than stock with the baffle in. Out is better. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Boyd's Auto said:

Greetings Ponch, can you tell me where you found the adapter for this exhaust?

Mike

I used a 2.25 ID to 2.5 OD adapter and I cut three equidistant slots on the 2.25 side so it tightens better. its a little loose. I couldn't find a metric equivalent. The other thing, this one isn't stainless, so I will try to source a stainless one and possibly metric, which I think is 54 or 55mm x 63mm or something like that. w

Boyd's Auto

The Arrow exhaust had this connector included, the openings are 60mm, in order to fit I will see if I can get a fabricator to modify to 54mm to 60 mm.

we will see if that works.

Mike

connector.jpg

1 hour ago, Boyd's Auto said:

The Arrow exhaust had this connector included, the openings are 60mm, in order to fit I will see if I can get a fabricator to modify to 54mm to 60 mm.

we will see if that works.

Mike

connector.jpg

I think the one side is bigger than 60. The 2.5 OD fits snug, which is good. It's the other end I still have to sort out. Maybe I can have a muffler shop fab something.