IGNORED

2014 R1200RTP ?

dduelin

I've been told about a R1200 RTP that might be for sale near me. In an initial conversation about the bike he said it was a 2014. I didn't catch it at the time but later wondered if he meant to say 2013. The pictures he sent are definitely of a camhead. Is it possible the bike came out of the factory as a 2014 camhead?

10 minutes ago, dduelin said:

I've been told about a R1200 RTP that might be for sale near me. In an initial conversation about the bike he said it was a 2014. I didn't catch it at the time but later wondered if he meant to say 2013. The pictures he sent are definitely of a camhead. Is it possible the bike came out of the factory as a 2014 camhead?

Afternoon  dduelin

That is possible as I think the wethead RT-P came out later in the 2014 model year. I have seen camhead RT-P police bikes being sold as 2014 MY.

Get the bike's serial number from the seller then contact BMW.  

4 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon  dduelin

That is possible as I think the wethead RT-P came out later in the 2014 model year. I have seen camhead RT-P police bikes being sold as 2014 MY.

Get the bike's serial number from the seller then contact BMW.  

Thanks, I plan on taking a look at it in a few days.

The machine's VIN has a manufacture date of 11/13 so I guess that makes it a 2014 MY according to the BMW parts lookup page. It's definitely a camhead however.

How do you remove the solo seat and the bench seat lock or the seat pieces that mate the solo seat to the radio box? I have the bike a few days to check it over.