IGNORED

Endurance electric

lawnchairboy

Love those comparisons.

While my wife's 2018 GMC had a tranny issue serviced under warranty, the maintenance costs has been,......'bout $120-170 at three years (first two years were dealership "freebies").  Only thing we've done, is oil changes.  Tire rotations are free, as I do them, oil change labor is free, as I do it.

What's the battery replacement cost on an Endurance?  Tesla's range $7-16k.  Battery  replacement is one lump, whereas overall maintenance is "financed" throughout the years.  Keep that endurance for 100-150k and you'd have an equal to maintenance costs.

The little Subaru I just picked up is at 102k and only three years old.  Many folks will hit that 100k-150k battery life expectancy in short order, thus a lump payment for replacement.  Also, as a truck, I'd thik that some may venture beyond gravel roads and test the truck out,....thus cold "fracture" a battery.

250 miles on a charge and on a "fast charger" up to 90 minutes to charge. Hmm, not too good for any long hauls and that is without a tow behind.  Seems like a good idea, just not ready for real work, only local trips.  One day though, it will be great.

Yes, how fast is battery depletion while towing, with some minor uphill grades?

While electrics will meet 90% of most people's needs, it's that last 10% that is the killer.

And let's be honest, electrics are not all that "green", as some would have us believe.

yep currently electricity is dirtier to make than burning fuel in an engine.  Also what are we going to do with all the batteries when they start replacing them not to mention the strip mining of the lithium.  All of this seems to be lost since it is green in the actual vehicle.