IGNORED

North Meets South 2021 Oakhurst, CA

eddd

Late notice, but a mainstay of BMWST gatherings is on for 2021, April 23/24. As usual we'll come in on Friday, ride Saturday, and head out Sunday.  Mr. Duck, Don J, called the Comfort Inn and secured a small discount if you mention you are with the BMW group.  The motel's number is 559-683-8282.

Don will fill us in on the Friday back road ride.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

And the Friday back road ride is on again!
Meet up in Tehachapi at 10 am, lunch in Porterville, and more twisty back roads to get to Oakhurst......

See ya there

• Like 1

The ride Saturday? Is it an organized ride together or just ride the area on your own? If it's an organized ride is it on trails or pavement?

14 hours ago, SwamperCal said:

The ride Saturday? Is it an organized ride together or just ride the area on your own? If it's an organized ride is it on trails or pavement?

There are usually a couple of groups heading in different directions. You just need to check with people on Friday evening or Saturday morning to see who's going where and when they'll take off.  Rides will be on pavement.  It is all quite informal.

markgoodrich
On 3/31/2021 at 10:28 PM, mrduck said:

Meet up in Tehachapi at 10 am, lunch in Porterville, and more twisty back roads to get to Oakhurst......

See ya there

Those of you who have not attended this event, be aware that back road  ride is extremely dangerous.  If you are on a Honda. Correction: a borrowed Honda.

Ribs with arrows.jpg

• Like 1
On 3/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, mrduck said:

See ya there

As long work allows it, IN.

markgoodrich
2 hours ago, SwamperCal said:

That hurts just seeing it.

The worst part is I did that in front of, what 40 other riders?  And I ran out of red arrows, I actually fractured every rib on that side.

Wish I could attend, but no motor, and the uh, ribbing would be annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, markgoodrich said:

The worst part is I did that in front of, what 40 other riders?  And I ran out of red arrows, I actually fractured every rib on that side.

Wish I could attend, but no motor, and the uh, ribbing would be annoying.

I seriously doubt there would be an ribbing (no pun intended) by others Mark.  

Hope to see you on a ride again! :thumbsup:

• Like 2
On 4/3/2021 at 8:00 AM, markgoodrich said:

Those of you who have not attended this event, be aware that back road  ride is extremely dangerous.  If you are on a Honda. Correction: a borrowed Honda.

Ribs with arrows.jpg

Good to ummm.... hear your voice, stranger.  :-)

markgoodrich
14 hours ago, Twisties said:

Good to ummm.... hear your voice, stranger.  :-)

Yeah, Jan, I don't come around here any more, sold my bike a few years ago...direct correlation with the ribs and an ear condition causing vertigo on occasion. I miss everyone (er, some not so much)))...cheers, doubt I'll look at this thread again.

The Friday Back Road Ride is on! Meet either at Lancaster Starbux ave I around 8:30 or Tehachapi Mill st exit gas station around 10:00. We should be in Porterville for lunch between 12:00 / 1:00 at Jenny Lynn’s 

Come on out, always an adventure!

Don J

2 hours ago, mrduck said:

Wow Eddd, didja reserve the whole place for yourself?

See ya Friday

Their business must be down. I heard the waitress mention they are only open 5 days a week...Tuesday to Saturday. 

Targeted and buzzed by 4 jets on the west side of Death Valley.  I was one of the few vehicles on 190 when two groups of two jets approached from the west and made obvious course adjustments to fly directly at and over me.

• Like 1

In at 2ish. Yep!  Great weekend!  I wonder how many white cords were showing at the end of the day?  

Let’s hear it for the new Ben Hur!  :clap:

Thanks to Eddd and duck and Todd for their organizational skills.  And the dr ed for his exceptional ride planning/map skills.  I hope the drone gets found. 

In at 4:00 MDT after a 585 mile dash home, 1800 miles for the weekend.  I bugged out just before 5:00 and did not encounter even a drop of rain.  

Dentist appointment on Tuesday to replace all my dislodged fillings. :lurk:

We got home right around 11:30, after an eventless but nice and cool ride.

The weather was just perfect!  We got just few drops of rain (just enough to get the bike dirty) when leaving from Oakhurst at 8:30, after that it was nice and cool all the way home.

It was great to see everyone after a more than a year of "dry spell" in moto events!

Also, this sees to be a great year for wildflowers, the hillsides and meadows were more colorful than I remember seeing them in a long time.

Mikko

In at 3:00. Started out Thursday with a fresh set of tires until Ed, AKA Cornelius 2.0, took us on a road that was old when the Romans used it. Great weekend all and all!

F7032D93-9802-4DD1-8FEC-97DE8A99AC81.jpeg

48 minutes ago, mrduck said:

Yeah..... brought  home a souvenir from this weekend,......and I know of another gentleman that rode home like that too!

B04B2713-555E-4A16-9087-8A7CDCDEB49F.jpeg

You guys just tryin to make me feel better?

52 minutes ago, mrduck said:

Yeah..... brought  home a souvenir from this weekend,......and I know of another gentleman that rode home like that too!

B04B2713-555E-4A16-9087-8A7CDCDEB49F.jpeg

Damn!  See what Ed did to you?  I think at the very least he could reimburse us for excess rubber consumption. 

Made it home safe and dry.

Stopped of at an Auto Zone in Lancaster to buy a bungee Cord for a side case that would nor stayed closed by itself.

No cord showing on the back tire, but it is toast. Just finished removing both front and rear wheels, ready for new tires to be installed tomorrow.

What a great weekend. Thanks to all that made it so.

CoarsegoldKid

Cords showing?  I don't remember being straight up very much.  Thanks for letting me in on the event Mr. Duck.  The ride from Porterville to home was a blast.

• 3 weeks later...

Ben Hur road replaced?  Really?  I missed that road because new rims are $600 on my bike. Glad it’s back to 1923 standards. 

20 hours ago, longjohn said:

Mr Duck out on Ben Hur Rd, with new pavement.  Finally.

Where's the Chariots?  Did you get to meet the ghost of Charlton Heston?  Was there a Toga Party.

• 11 months later...