IGNORED

A reflector

PastorJay

Guys, please be patient with my simple questions. It may not seem like it I do catch on quick. Absolutely loving this bike. What is this space for just below the plate. I'm assuming for some kind of reflector. Any suggestions as to what I should use. Thanks.

IMG_6654.jpg

RandyShields
12 minutes ago, PastorJay said:

Guys, please be patient with my simple questions. It may not seem like it I do catch on quick. Absolutely loving this bike. What is this space for just below the plate. I'm assuming for some kind of reflector. Any suggestions as to what I should use. Thanks.

Paging RTinNC for your tutorial on the rear BMW badging.

• Like 1

Aren't the European license plates much larger and that is the reason for the bump out and extra holes?

oops guess I need to call JINX as Richard and I said the same thing? Us old guys know what I'm talking about

If interested I have the details 

guy over on the K1600 site makes the bracket.... about $30 shipped I believe and there is a part # for the roundel that fits perfectly 

Bill_Walker
1 hour ago, PastorJay said:

Guys, please be patient with my simple questions.

Jay, your post is about bike stuff.  This kind of post belongs in either the forum for your specific bike's model group (Oilheads, Wetheads, etc.) or in Bike-Related Things.  Riders Discuss Other Topics is meant for non-motorcycle content.

• Thanks 1

@PastorJay, FYI - the nut that is centered below the letter B, holds the screw that allows the fender extension to slide down.   Look on the inside of the fender and you will see the torx head (I believe)  part of the screw.    You will notice in RTinNC's photo (above) that his fender extension is further down that what is shown in your picture.   It is also just as new looking!  :whistle:

Cheers,

19 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Jay, your post is about bike stuff.  This kind of post belongs in either the forum for your specific bike's model group (Oilheads, Wetheads, etc.) or in Bike-Related Things.  Riders Discuss Other Topics is meant for non-motorcycle content.

Oh, thanks for getting me up to speed on the site protocol. Appreciate it.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, RTinNC said:

guy over on the K1600 site makes the bracket.... about $30 shipped I believe and there is a part # for the roundel that fits perfectly 

I see that. I was considering it, but I also like the idea of the added brake light. Thanks. 

21 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Thanks, I would appreciate the details. I saw this on eBay. Is that you? 

18 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Why not both?     You can mount the lights on either side of the plate.  HERE

Oh that is over cool

On 3/31/2021 at 3:47 PM, PastorJay said:

Where can I find such a light. 

PastorJay,

This site ( https://www.superbrightleds.com/ ) has a huge assortment of LED lights and bulbs, plus a very good "bulb finder" for vehicles including motorcycles that will show you what type buld for most every replaceable bulb on a vehicle.  LED life expectancy is so long now that the "bulb" is built-in as part of the "fixture" or lamp and is not replaceable itself. 

The LED fixture I have (2) are similar to these at $24 ea, 18w, with built-in programmable flasher:  https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/grille-and-surface-mount-strobe-lights/low-profile-grille-and-surface-mount-led-light-head-18w/3458/7452/

If you can operate a pair of pliars and a can opener you can do this.

According to the Vehicle "bulb finder your 2015 RT only has three replaceable bulbs, headlight hi beam, lo-beam, and parking light:  https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/2015-bmw-r1200rt?make=11&model=3121&year=2015   All the other lights, instruments, turn signals, brake/tail are "built in" LED's.

LED Capture.JPG

LED2 Capture.JPG

Thank you for the info and the pics. I will definitely look into purchasing one. I am at best a weekend mechanic but I am definitely able to operate  the tools you mentioned. :18:

On 3/31/2021 at 3:17 PM, PastorJay said:

That is very nice. mmm, A toss up between that and a light. 

I have Hyperlites as you can see in photos 

On 3/31/2021 at 3:20 PM, PastorJay said:

I’m out of town but will share details when I’m back home on Monday 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 8:40 PM, RTinNC said:

I’m out of town but will share details when I’m back home on Monday 

Ditto.  I'd like to find out about the roundel on the rear fender.

24 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

Ditto.  I'd like to find out about the roundel on the rear fender.

Shoot me an email at rstarrider@carolina.rr.com

On 3/31/2021 at 3:20 PM, PastorJay said:

Shoot me an email at rstarrider@carolina.rr.com

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 6:02 PM, RTinNC said:

RT, where can I get the bracket and emblem. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, PastorJay said:

Morning  PastorJay

Check your messages on this site as I sent you link.

• Mike changed the title to A reflector

I use the Billy Jr from Clearwater above the plate and Skene Lights with turn signals around the plate,   I feel pretty safe with all the reflectors from MotoReflective too.  Fernando even provides a black reflective sticker to cover the exactly piece you are referring to. During the day you can only see the 6 white reflectors.  All the off white are actually black reflectors and only lights up at night. 

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, PastorJay said:

If you still need the info shoot me a note but think the guy may no longer be making them