IGNORED

2021 Order

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

Should get my bike in about 2-3 weeks. My dealer (MAX) said it will have Brembos, no radio (don’t care about a radio, never used it on my previous RT, GTL or KGA), hoping that the after market comes up with a way to turn the speaker areas into storage. Loaded with the large top case. Looking forward to being on an RT again. Sold my KGA to a good friend so I’ll even have a riding partner. July 1st is Russell Day and I’ve ordered all of my Ilium items. Everything should arrive at about the same time as I turn the garage back to a motorcycle garage from a winter car garage. Life is good.

• Like 4
CruisinCruzan

It was listed as Comfort and Dynamic Packages with additional individual options. It included all the stuff that was part of the premium package when it used to be listed on the BMW website. Of course the Dynamic and Comfort packages aren’t listed on the site either. 

1 hour ago, CruisinCruzan said:

It was listed as Comfort and Dynamic Packages with additional individual options. It included all the stuff that was part of the premium package when it used to be listed on the BMW website. Of course the Dynamic and Comfort packages aren’t listed on the site either. 

I went on it last night and it seems like some things can be ordered separately now. A month or more ago it was just premium package or not. I don't care about radio or nav or some other things. My 2009 doesn't have them and I don't miss them. :) I'd get the base with the tall seat, tall screen and tubular handlebars in blue. Done. 

They increased the cost of a loaded bike a lot.  I understand a discount for packaging but you know the dealers are going to have loaded bikes.  I had a biked priced before the radio issue, the only change was no radio and key fob, the bike was reduced by $850, the radio in the past was priced much higher then that not to mention they want $325 for the key-less fob option, that would price the radio at $525.   I was looking at upgrading my 2014 RT but not until the radio is available and pricing is more competitive. 

On 3/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, BendBill said:

Welcome news that you can now order just the options you want :cool:

Yea, but would be fully loaded every time!  :java:

Dang!  Not TPMS?   I would hope they chose to add that in later when it becomes available.  

Sorry for the newbie question, but where do these get installed?   Guessing in the ECU, but I thought I would ask.   So far that is 2 chips not available.

Cheers,