IGNORED

Top Box

PastorJay

I can purchase a new large BMW top box for the older pre 2013 R1200rt. for $900.00. My question is will this fit the 2015. Are the back racks the same as the older rt's. Thanks. The box advertised for the the 2015 looks identical however it is $1390. 

The older box will fit your bike. The rack is the same except for mixed colors on the newer bikes. 
Benefit to having the older case is it’s much quicker to install & remove. 
Did you determine if your bike has central locking?

If so, and if you plan on leaving it on the bike the newer case is great.

Classified  ;) 

Then the older style case is where I’d be looking too! :thumbsup: Could of sworn we had one of the older cases for sale in the classified section but couldn’t find it when looking earlier. :dontknow:

My 2014 has central locking and all 3 BMW cases. I’ve probably only used the central locking maybe a dozen times. It’s a nice feature but I usually forget to use it. 

Oh wow! Im glad you did not find it as I just bought one at Amazon for $900.00  EEEEEouch, but it is much better than the same box only with a different part number for $1390.00. I figure I will get the grey top painted the San Marino Blue. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1
On 3/26/2021 at 7:41 PM, PastorJay said:

Oh wow! Im glad you did not find it as I just bought one at Amazon for $900.00  EEEEEouch, but it is much better than the same box only with a different part number for $1390.00. I figure I will get the grey top painted the San Marino Blue. 

Thanks again. 

$900!!  THAT'S SACRELIGIOUS.  SEND IT BACK!!  QUICK!!

Amazon will take it back.