IGNORED

2021 R18

Lowndes

Saw one of these today.  

"For Those With Too Many Dollars and Not Enough Sence."

Think I'll wait on the GS version.phxlQuivL4u1fVCQiCzQqMhM9KjX_LTiO4Jiz6LA

• Haha 1

I saw those in the showroom at Wooley's a couple of weeks ago and I never sat on one.  I think they had 6 or 8, which takes up a bit of floor space.  Pretty cool bike, but I do not think it is for me.   

I did sit on the R nine T Scrambler and was digging on it, though.     That brings things a little closer to GS territory.   :5146:

50 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Think I'll wait on the GS version.

BMW or Harley Davidson’s version? The world has become a confusing place. :facepalm: :classic_biggrin:

0EC39424-AA5D-4241-AECA-FF7B8D4D07C5.jpeg

• Haha 1
fourteenfour
4 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I saw those in the showroom at Wooley's a couple of weeks ago and I never sat on one.  I think they had 6 or 8, which takes up a bit of floor space.  Pretty cool bike, but I do not think it is for me.   

:5146:

lol - my dealer!

Yeah, he is kind of stuck with them. I have the stock numbers written down and I think two have sold in the same number of months.   I am beginning to believe that BMW will sell less of these than they did R1200C.

Such a disappointment as I had high hopes for this bike. I am waiting on the bat wing fairing version before I just laugh it off.  BMW spent more time designing this for Instagram than for riders.

• Like 2

While hanging out waiting for my 6K service this past weekend I was eyeing the shop’s demo in the parking lot. A sales guy chatted me up and I said yes to his offer to a test ride.

I think it’s a cool looking bike. It’s really smooth below a certain rpm, I can’t tell you what that is because of no tach, but once you get above that it gets vibrating enough you know it. The power is pretty good in the “Rock” mode, but it’s pretty annoying at idle too. 
The seating position didn’t agree with me, maybe a dished seat and backrest would do it for me, but 20 miles was enough, besides my RT was ready to roll so I didn’t need keep going. I hip to it if it’s your sort of style, it just doesn’t seem like mine.

037A1A06-771D-45B4-8294-96510E27B850.jpeg

fourteenfour

Cycle World has some figures for two more upcoming R18 models, R18 B and R18 Transcontinental, including using the same formula which can be used to work out the current fueled weight of the two existing models. Using those same numbers the B will weigh in at 893 pounds and the transcontinental will be at 953 pounds. The B is the bat wing model with hard bags while the Transcontinental will have a trunk.

Cycle World story

40 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

Cycle World has some figures for two more upcoming R18 models, R18 B and R18 Transcontinental, including using the same formula which can be used to work out the current fueled weight of the two existing models. Using those same numbers the B will weigh in at 893 pounds and the transcontinental will be at 953 pounds. The B is the bat wing model with hard bags while the Transcontinental will have a trunk.

Cycle World story

NOW we're talkin.   Gettin up into HD territory. 

9 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

NOW we're talkin.   Gettin up into HD territory. 

Even more, my Ultra "only" weighs 900 pounds, full on touring with trunk and fairing, and I believe the new ones are even less.

fourteenfour
8 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Doesn't HD have a patent on anything over 950 lbs??

Actually Yamaha blew them out of the water. The Yamaha Star Venture which the market under transcontinental touring weights in at 963 pounds wet.  Harleys Ultra Limited is 917 wet and the Road Glide Limited is 932

fourteenfour

hopefully they will have a link for the non facebook users out there, I have one word I prefix faecbook anytime I see it...  and it ain't BMW

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Seems there are some discounts to be had

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 12.36.02 PM.png

Well yeah, if it's the one in the video...

• 3 weeks later...
levrier noir

I had a test ride last week. 

It's a lovely thing, despite poor ground clearance. 

It's the sort of thing I'd buy but then I have a penchant for liking bikes that aren't popular. 

I bought an R Nine T Racer 😳