IGNORED

New from Illinois

C230kompw06

C230kompw06

Hello everyone,

I just bought my second BMW. My first was a 2005 k1200LT which I owned for 30 days to the day. A friend recommended it, I flew out and rode it back. I didn’t dislike it but I didn’t feel I “needed” it either and off it went. 
Wednesday I drove to Ohio and bought a 2 owner 2007 R1200RT with 24k miles. It looks to be just what I wanted. All boxes, bags, GPS, and service records dating back to original purchase included. 
My wife and I have been riding with some close friends for years at track days and they have purchased a small fleet of Harleys, including my wife getting a street glide delivered early next week. 
I made a pact with myself almost 20 years ago that I wouldn’t buy a Harley until I’m 60 or older so maybe 20 more years I’ll look at one but for now this R model should keep me leading the pack of boat anchors. 
I look forward to scouring this forum for information on everything BMW. 

2AD717AB-C3A8-42B0-B24D-7FBC6C2AA660.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome!! You have purchased a much better model BMW in your R1200RT. Lots of great info and experience available on this forum:18:

Wow for a second I thought Ford had offered an optional escape vehicle with the F150. :spittake: Almost a perfect color match. Congrats on the new bike! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
WickedMonkey

Nice looking ride. I too just acquired a BMW and am just over in MI. Maybe there will be an opportunity to meet up some day.

Welcome,  C230kompw06 !!

An Excellent choice but you'll be flying an F18 and they are bumping along in biplanes.  Patience is your new best friend.

In 20 years your RT will still be going strong.  I have several 20 year old beemers and a brother and several buddies that ride older airheads from the seventies (and are increasing in value now, too).  

Lots of very knowledgeable people on this forum that graciously share years of experience and expertise.  

Post some pics of it on your travels and let us know how you are  getting along with it.  

C230kompw06

So I’m not one to leave things alone and have made some changes. I come from a sportbike background with a 2002 Gsxr 1000 being my first ever bike, which I still have with 24k miles. 
The RT now is de-catted and has aftermarket muffler. I like to be able to hear my bike but not so much as to annoy the neighbors when leaving for work in the morning.

I also added a set of Bridgestone AX41s tires. 
A close friend has just acquired a ‘17 Tiger and I’m hoping to do as much off pavement riding with him as I do on road with the HD clan. 
My wife has done a little vinyl work on it too. Not sure I like all of it but stickers peal right off too. 
Should be a good year 

4156B15F-D2E5-43EA-B84C-316645A07F08.thumb.jpeg.8d70b230182ba80ef69d81b44cad8ee6.jpeg

• Like 1