IGNORED

New 2021 Blue color for the RT

RTinNC

Spotted this on a Facebook page and it caught my eye.   I usually lean more towards reds/burgundy colors and usually not into blues especially the dark blue/black colors.  But IMHO BMW did a good job on this one.  Although have not seen one in person yet ... I like the the blue and the graphics and usually don't like black wheels but on this bike with the black trim the black wheels really look good. 

2021 RT in blue.jpg

2021 RT in blue 2.jpg

2021 RT in Blue 3.jpg

2021 RT in blue 4.jpg

• Like 2

Aw, sweeeeet!   

Although, they lost me when I saw the dash panel.    Blue would be my second choice after Mars Red Metallic.  That hue looks nice.

Side note:  they left the lower winglets black and not color matched.   :dontknow:

....and the front fender support is painted, but black on the '19 model.   Interesting.

Yeah, I saw (or read) somewhere that the front aerodymics were revised from prior model year.  I knew the fairing was little different (wider), but I did not realize it included the fender.   

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

The large RT graphic not so much...

Graphics do matter. The 3rd grade effort on the triple black GSA drained my enthusiasm on this bike. Could just be an excuse but I’m running with it! :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.aa72bca1ff05ad1624097aa8f5b18064.jpeg

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Good catch on the fender, I didn’t realize it’s a completely different shape also. 

53D6A2F0-E46A-4662-BC08-DD42AA8C0668.jpeg

C7C35C2F-DCD2-495D-8973-4F9EE0C3F5E3.jpeg

Yes good catch on the fender.  While the new design looks nice I’d probably prefer the older style from a durability perspective. That lower section that seems to catch a lot of bugs will be more prone to chips if painted.

• Like 1
beemerman2k

I appreciate Blue, better than no blue, but I prefer the darker blue we see on the 2015, 2016 era models.  Those models had blended colors, but that same blue as a solid would really work for me.

• Like 1

I was at the dealer yesterday having the fuel pump recall done. besides the clueless sales folks in the BMW section, they didn't have any RT's and nothing else really drew me in. Maybe the R18 a bit, but I don't think I'd buy that either. The thing with the 2021 RT is that they come only fully loaded. I think it'll be 27K OTD for sure. At that point, I'm out. I don't need all the tech stuff. I don't use a stereo or nav and don't need it as part of the bike.  Whatever as it ain't changing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ponch said:

I was at the dealer yesterday having the fuel pump recall done. besides the clueless sales folks in the BMW section, they didn't have any RT's and nothing else really drew me in. Maybe the R18 a bit, but I don't think I'd buy that either. The thing with the 2021 RT is that they come only fully loaded. I think it'll be 27K OTD for sure. At that point, I'm out. I don't need all the tech stuff. I don't use a stereo or nav and don't need it as part of the bike.  Whatever as it ain't changing. 

The way it usually works at least at my dealer is the first bikes come the way BMW Sends them and yes with a lot of the options.  Apparently that is how most buyers prefer them anyway.  BUT ... once the initial bikes arrive your dealer should be able to order a bike to your liking but be warned ... .much of the BMW options are now part of "packages".  What that means is just as an example (not actual packages) if you don't want the radio OK then that means no package A but may also mean you won't get a feature you want like cruise.  Unfortunately I don't believe BMW does an "a la carte" order process. But certainly worth checking with your dealer on getting a stripped down model. 

9 hours ago, RTinNC said:

The way it usually works at least at my dealer is the first bikes come the way BMW Sends them and yes with a lot of the options.  Apparently that is how most buyers prefer them anyway.  BUT ... once the initial bikes arrive your dealer should be able to order a bike to your liking but be warned ... .much of the BMW options are now part of "packages".  What that means is just as an example (not actual packages) if you don't want the radio OK then that means no package A but may also mean you won't get a feature you want like cruise.  Unfortunately I don't believe BMW does an "a la carte" order process. But certainly worth checking with your dealer on getting a stripped down model. 

If you go to the configurator online, it's all or nothing in the US. I think Europeans can still configure A La Carte, but can't here in the US. They sell them full boat or you order one stripped. 

11 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

So are they selling 21s or is there a stop sale still?

It appears the stop sale is being resolved as my dealer does have bikes with Brembo brakes.

But that blue bike was at a European dealer I believe.  Was posted to Facebook.  My dealer confirmed that blue will be coming to USA.  Also, said GS’s arriving in March and RT’s in late April or May.