IGNORED

Anybody cruize

Paintbox

Anybody just cruise their bikes these days? Sometimes a person must find the environment they can thrive in. I tend to go on the back roads and the open roads with hardly any traffic. I do like Nevada and the Death Valley area. The timber area is a little risky with everything close to the roads......trees creating a strobe light on the eyes. Just cleaned up a used 1997 1100rs, it's pretty smooth on the suspension so far, could use a stronger front shock. I did put luggage on it from my 78 R100...looks better on the rs.....it completed the bike. I lowered the rear shock. Just had it registered last week. For me I just cruise on the bikes....never was into speed. If I ride with the club, I would be in the back of the pack....eatin' snacks. I like the ride up 395 out of Reno to the John Day Chief Joseph Rally....it's so open.....little traffic. I usually do the same gas stops on the way. I find it that less is more for me. I don't quite see what riders like about the speed thing as far as street riding. Riders choice I guess.

0224211613_Burst01.jpg

0212211448.jpg

• Like 2

Most times I just cruise with not a care in the world, sometimes I ride hard and fast like a complete nut job. Depends on my mood.

• Like 1

I just cruise at the posted speed limit most of the time unless I am riding to get somewhere, like 500 miles or more in a day, then I pick it up some and hardly if ever ride interstate as it is just too boring.

szurszewski

Hello @Paintbox:wave:

That’s some really interesting detail you’ve got on that RS. Are those stripes paint?

I’d be interested in seeing what the rack/attachments look like under your luggage - I’ve not seen airhead boxes on an RS before. 

Welcome to the board. In answer to your question, yeah - sometimes. ;)

Welcome to the forum.   I have an R 1200 C, so when I am not Sport Touring on the RT, I cruise.   Sometimes, the cruiser is an RT wannabe.   :bike:

Wayne Johnson

Not being a former racer you would never understand the need for speed. Perhaps you skipped being  teenager in the muscle car era also. I bought an rt because it is capable of so many things. Sometimes this crazy ole man rides like he's still 16 and sometimes I'm riding like I'm 116 the music usually has a lot to do with it which wasn't an available option in 1969! To each they're own 

Too each their own, but I'm a cruiser too. I don't go too far, usually 1-3 hour rides 2-3 hours a week. I don't push the speed much nor don't push myself much. I just enjoy the scenery, the wind, the sounds and being out on the bike. I would like to do a couple day overnighter this summer but I've no real interest in true long-distance riding or criss-crossing the country like so many of you long-distance tourers do. I truly admire your fortitude but its just not my style. My next door neighbor was doing long distance ride and his rides were mammoth: California north to Canada, ride to east coast, fly bike to Europe, ride from Europe someplace, last time it was Lisbon. Then north to Finland and then across Russia, and on-and-on. He'd be gone for 6 months at a time. He loved it. Just not my style. I'm a local cruiser. 

Cheers

Miguel

The stripes are placed with pinstripe tape.....so I can do other paint schemes later. I like to change up the colors often....on bikes. I have a friend that is going to teach me to paint clearcoat....he is a custom painter, he can do flakes, candies and mirror finishes..........I just don't like some of the processes....like prep, sanding and the sort. I do a lot of art....so it crosses over to bike design and fabrication items. The luggage rack carriers are stock, just added a few L brackets that bolt right on the grabhandle( removed)mounts.....and have 2 other points at the back and by the rear pegs......it is solid.

You did a great job on the pin-striping. It looks fantastic!! Congrats. 

And you didn't ask and its just my opinion but the luggage doesn't flow like the rest of the bike's aerodynamic shapes. It's just ...so... how to say... square. Just sayin'.

You did a fabulous job on the bike!

Funny ... what you describe as "just cruize" is pretty much how I ride most of the time and on long trips.  Always trying to stay off the interstates, prefer backroads with less traffic and not in a hurry.  On trips I plan for 250-350 mile days and enjoy the scenery and ride.  So I guess I too like to just cruise.