IGNORED

Ramona Days 2021 is a go!

eddd

Graydude and I have put together the most basic of get togethers.  March 26-28.  Ramona Valley Inn, (760) 789-6433, is the place.  Call and make your own reservations.  Nothing is being held under or for BMWST.  There were plenty of rooms available when I checked with them.  Todd is working on riding routes.  Check in on Friday afternoon, ride Saturday, bug out Sunday.  

Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects as well as any fresh faces. 

• Like 1

IN and booked.  As long as riots, and Covid/Zombie outbreaks don't cause my work to cancel days off yet again.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
1 hour ago, mrduck said:

Can we talk contractor/real estate stuff so I can call this a business seminar?

Whatever it takes to get you there!

West_Coaster

Being this is in my backyard, my buddy and I are going to join in.

Eddd, I work about 10-15 minutes from the Hotel, if you need any help with this please let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/4/2021 at 9:29 AM, West_Coaster said:

Being this is in my backyard, my buddy and I are going to join in.

Eddd, I work about 10-15 minutes from the Hotel, if you need any help with this please let me know.

Yo!  West Coaster!  Anyway, I'm in.

• Like 2

Ok, route has been tentatively finalized.  I've not had a chance to pre ride as I live in Vegas now but it should be ok.  240 miles with a lunch stop at Pine House Cafe in Mount Laguna, 140 miles in.  We will be enjoying many of the fan favorites like Palomar Mountain, The Glass Elevator, the spot where Chris crashed last time etc...

You can check out google here  https://goo.gl/maps/X6GMRUMbN1XYhHh69

or here it is in .GPX.  I utilized the newest version of Basecamp and City Navigator so if you plan on downloading it, I'd get the latest update so the maps don't get confused.  

Ramona Days 2021.gpx

On 3/17/2021 at 4:15 PM, graydude said:

spot where Chris crashed last time

Wow, enshrined in infamy ... and I don't even remember how it happened ...  duh ... :16:

edit:  do I get a roadside marker ?

• Haha 1
CoarsegoldKid

I've been asleep at the stick so I haven't watched the board.  Larry called me today inquiring if I was going.  So that got me off my butt to order a new Anti-Gravity battery for the BMW so it would start.  Ship date is probably gonna be March 22.   Could be too close before the event.  So the next thing I did was check accommodations.  No luck there either.  You all have a good time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ride route is confirmed as well as lunch at the Pine House Cafe around noon.  Plan on side stands up at 9:00 on Saturday.  Have a full tank of gas at departure as we won't be stopping till around mile 150. Saturday is expected to be mostly sunny with a high of 70.  Chance of rain on Friday but I'll be there rain or shine.

• Like 1

Carl and I will be taking the long way down. Prolly up thru big bear and idyllwild. If any want to tag along, chime in. 

mrduck, Larry?

oh, 243 is newly paved after the fire. 

29 minutes ago, longjohn said:

Carl and I will be taking the long way down. Prolly up thru big bear and idyllwild. If any want to tag along, chime in. 

mrduck, Larry?

oh, 243 is newly paved after the fire. 

Theres a group with the Dutchman leaving Apple Valley and going up thru Big Bear keep an eye out for them. I’m leaving a little later with the Canuck but should be in Banning around 10/ 10:30.......

we can play phone tag, send a text when stopped with where you are  and what time it is........we’re all going to end up on 243 see ya out there somewhere

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mrduck said:

Theres a group with the Dutchman leaving Apple Valley and going up thru Big Bear keep an eye out for them. I’m leaving a little later with the Canuck but should be in Banning around 10/ 10:30.......

we can play phone tag, send a text when stopped with where you are  and what time it is........we’re all going to end up on 243 see ya out there somewhere

Wait...What?  Didn't know HE was coming.  Jesh.  Kicked out of Idaho already.  Next you'll be telling me EDDDDD is coming.  Oh, the horror!

West_Coaster

I'm local, If anyone needs parts, tools, etc., let me know, I can bring them over anytime Friday or Sat morning.

Offer does not apply to booze, women, or boozy women. :4323:

• Like 1
23 hours ago, graydude said:

Wait...What?  Didn't know HE was coming.  Jesh.  Kicked out of Idaho already.  Next you'll be telling me EDDDDD is coming.  Oh, the horror!

What do you mean Eddd ain't show'n??  I thought he was planning this gathering....

13 hours ago, LBump said:

What do you mean Eddd ain't show'n??  I thought he was planning this gathering....

He's just hoping I don't show.  He's embarrassed when I drink him under the table. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The planned ride looks great. My GS will not go 240 miles on a tank, so might I request a stop somewhere along the route to top it off?

On 3/21/2021 at 5:38 PM, mrduck said:

We'll be looking for ya in the Banning area, where I don't know...

We're having breakfast at Teddy's in Big Bear at 9:00AM. 

We'll be heading to the Banning area via the backside going over Onyx Summit.

Where to meet...?

:burnout:

On 3/23/2021 at 8:52 AM, AZgman said:

The planned ride looks great. My GS will not go 240 miles on a tank, so might I request a stop somewhere along the route to top it off?

yes we will stop for a fuel guzzler along the way

• Thanks 1
On 3/23/2021 at 7:31 AM, eddd said:

He's just hoping I don't show.  He's embarrassed when I drink him under the table. 

I never could hold my Root Beer

Shaping up to be a great weekend. Might be cloudy on Friday as you come into town but Saturday promises to be bright and sunny  in the low 70’s. Excellent!  Normally I bring an ice chest full of beverages for the first night but coming in from Las Vegas makes that impossible. Anyone local can bring a cooler?  You don’t have to stock it as everyone pitches in but it would be nice to have someplace to keep things cool in.  Mike?  I should be in by 3:00 PM. Text me at 951-375-9016 and if there is a gathering I’ll let you know. EDDDD, my number is 951-555-1212. 

On 3/25/2021 at 11:24 PM, graydude said:

Mike?  I should be in by 3:00 PM. Text me at 951-xxx-xxx and if there is a gathering I’ll let you know.

EDDDD, my number is 951-555-1212. 

I'll bet you thought you snuck that one by, didn't you? 

Mike C

West_Coaster

Nice to meet you guys, my wife and I had a great time. I took a few pics along the way.

Note: Never order the Turkey sandwich at the Pine House Cafe!

20210327_101749_compress66.thumb.jpg.36a39cbc0bcf28ae8cecd421434bb835.jpg20210327_101851_compress10.thumb.jpg.20c76d6a9f1ccefd6780e62a73904ae4.jpg20210327_101815_compress82.thumb.jpg.0afcf7f82348323605395a04a7a5c5a6.jpg20210327_101800_compress70.thumb.jpg.421a91cd8706628eec4a46a7201b59d2.jpg20210327_130733_compress60.thumb.jpg.bfb9cf3a9787f81dada114c6151d74a8.jpg20210327_130735_compress63.thumb.jpg.96551d0d8084e991232c4a4c6231663c.jpg20210327_130738_compress15.thumb.jpg.67e31ea70e4e150bd2430d669e180666.jpg

• Like 1

It was a pleasure to meet everyone. The ride was great on Saturday. I made it home without incident but the wind was brutal on I-8. I averaged about 34mpg! :(

And of course it was 87 degrees as I arrived into Phoenix...

My Gawd....what a weekend! In by 3:30........

Full moon, pirates, French restaurant for lunch, a guest appearance from Karla, great dinner right next door, lots of fun little back roads, large rusty dragons, and a bike with two front tires

Thanks to Graydude for putting this on, see ya at the next one!

8510DD97-073E-45F3-BF9B-C6296BD785C7.jpeg

80FCA375-F8EF-45A0-A762-5F2CA4887BE2.jpeg

B939B894-890E-499C-9049-48A1B5BB85E6.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes what a great weekend.

All of what Mr. Duck said and more

Thanks to Greydude and everyone else for making it such a fantastic weekend

TheDigginDutchman

In at 5:45  850 miles 4089 Gear shifts:4316: We all had a wonderful time !!

Thank you Todd for putting it together I had no idea there were that many Great roads :18:

Cindy and I hope to be hosting some nice rides in Idaho soon.

See y'all there.

Cornelis

• Smile 1
Crazy_Canuck
7 hours ago, West_Coaster said:

Nice to meet you guys, my wife and I had a great time. I took a few pics along the way.

Note: Never order the Turkey sandwich at the Pine House Cafe!

20210327_101749_compress66.thumb.jpg.36a39cbc0bcf28ae8cecd421434bb835.jpg20210327_101851_compress10.thumb.jpg.20c76d6a9f1ccefd6780e62a73904ae4.jpg20210327_101815_compress82.thumb.jpg.0afcf7f82348323605395a04a7a5c5a6.jpg20210327_101800_compress70.thumb.jpg.421a91cd8706628eec4a46a7201b59d2.jpg20210327_130733_compress60.thumb.jpg.bfb9cf3a9787f81dada114c6151d74a8.jpg20210327_130735_compress63.thumb.jpg.96551d0d8084e991232c4a4c6231663c.jpg20210327_130738_compress15.thumb.jpg.67e31ea70e4e150bd2430d669e180666.jpg

It was nice meeting you guys as well. lol on the Sandwich. “Is it sliced Turkey?” 

Crazy_Canuck

Had a great time meeting old friends and meeting new ones. It was good to get back on the bike after a 12 year hiatus. Thanks Todd so setting this up!

In at 5 pm after a 30 minute delay due to a bike crash on ACH. I got a tongue lashing from the Forest Service Police man for riding up to the front "You do realize it's illegal to cross the double yellow line don't you?!". "Yes sir, but I with all the people wandering around on the highway with their car doors open, I figured it was safe". You guys were right though. He became much nicer after I removed my helmet and he saw that I was too old to be a punk...

Power was still off at home. Finally came back on at around 7:30...

Another great weekend!

34 minutes ago, graydude said:

Same time next year?

Sure, why not?

Home around 1:40ish,. Stopped in San Marcos to visit an old HS buddy. Hit the coast-hwy 1, but reversed coarse since everyone and Their mother decided to go to the beach today, maybe because it was 90 + degrees. Great  ride, San Diego County has a lot to offer. Enjoyed seeing the usually cast of characters. Until next time, ride safe and see y’all on the next one.

BA020DE0-7848-4143-BF31-1F93FE6691E0.jpeg

That was a great weekend. Thanks Todd!  And thanks to Dr Ed for coming up with that ride on Sunday. In at 3:55–just in time to catch the UCLA Alabama game which went into overtime on a last second 3pointer. I’m getting too old to watch these nailbiters. Tri tip chili. Who knew?

15 hours ago, Groanup said:

I got a tongue lashing from the Forest Service Police man for riding up to the front "You do realize it's illegal to cross the double yellow line don't you?!". "Yes sir, but I with all the people wandering around on the highway with their car doors open, I figured it was safe". You guys were right though. He became much nicer after I removed my helmet and he saw that I was too old to be a punk...

Another great weekend!

Sure, why not?

So , after all the hoonish behavior for the entire weekend, you get almost home and then get scolded from the only LEO you’ve encountered this entire trip........and it seems sometimes age does have its privileges!     😎

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, mrduck said:

So , after all the hoonish behavior for the entire weekend, you get almost home and then get scolded from the only LEO you’ve encountered this entire trip........and it seems sometimes age does have its privileges!     😎

I know you haven’t forgotten the she-sheriff we encountered in the park!  :rofl:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mrduck said:

Yeah, strange how things work out. He did tell me one thing I didn't know. As they were air lifting the guy out in the Sherriff's chopper, He told me it's a free ride  if you live in LA county. 

Not that I want that ride...

1 hour ago, longjohn said:

I know you haven’t forgotten the she-sheriff we encountered in the park!  :rofl:

Ahhh, she was our lunch date 😋

868 miles to home. arrived at 6:45. 

Had to go ALL the way around the mountains because of the parking lot on the I 15.  It was great... with little to no traffic. 

Southern California is a traffic challenged nightmare, similar to the I 95 corridor between Boston and Richmond on any given day of the week. :jaw:

Great weekend with surprises...

Thank you Todd, AND Eddd for making this ride happen!!

And poo-poo to all that didn't do the complete track, ya missed some great sections!

Including glimpses of the boarder wall and a check point with a  real military guy and fancy gun.

I know they would have searched Todd's bike for... little people...  :facepalm:

San Diego County and all the roads are a pleasure to ride!  

I say it's a go for the next time!! 

Perhaps the holes in the hotel walls and the loose toilet will be remedied by that time.

A real send-off for our riding buddy Cornelis!  :18:

Looking forward to some Northern Idaho rides!

I took I-15 all the way on the way down because I wasn't sure about timing going the back way. I guess people get used to the I-15 parking lot, but that was torture for me in several sections. I took a much more relaxing ride back home. Traffic in Amboy, Kelso, and Cima is more my speed. Las Vegas is getting back to normal.  When I popped back onto I-15 west of Primm it was like old times with miles of filled double lanes heading to socal at a snails pace. 

A repeat for next year sounds good, but I need to start saving up now so I can be sure I can afford the new and improved boutique accommodations.