IGNORED

SiriusXM Customer Service

Rougarou

Excellent!!!

So, my wife has this satellite radio stuff in her truck and she kinda likes it.  But, there's always a but, after the initial year of having it, the Select plan was gonna be $240ish,......ya, that ain'ta gonna happen.  So, perusing the website, I found they offer a military option, great, for what she wants, I could get the radio for 'bout $110.  So, I start chatting with a rep.  The rep said if I wanted to get the military discount, I had to call,.....imagine that, I gotta talk to a person,.....anyway, during the chat, the rep said that for this next year, she could give me the same service for $55 :14:  So, rather than me offering to pay more,....but not full price, she offers me a bit over half of what I was willing to pay. 

So, I'ma give a big :18: to XM's customer service.

Their every year dance. Call to cancel and you can get it for $5/ month. Did you get $55 for a full year?  If so that’s as good as it gets. You will have to do the same thing at next renewal 

14 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Their every year dance. Call to cancel and you can get it for $5/ month. Did you get $55 for a full year?  If so that’s as good as it gets. You will have to do the same thing at next renewal 

Yep, for the full year.

• Like 1

See, I figured you somehow flashed that Clark Gable military pic of yours and she offered to pay you to accept the service. :spittake: I remember they were easy to deal with when the free subscription ran out on my RT. Different but Pandora has been my go to for a while now.

13 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

See, I figured you somehow flashed that Clark Gable military pic of yours and she offered to pay you to accept the service. :spittake: I remember they were easy to deal with when the free subscription ran out on my RT. Different but Pandora has been my go to for a while now.

Funny.

She was gonna go back to paying $5 a month for the commercial free pandora, but she/we were fine paying the $108 for XM......but now we got a year at $55, its good.

My sister in law have some free for life deal with XM, just have to pay a transfer fee if she changes vehicle.

• Like 1

I like XM/Sirius. But I absolutely cannot stand the "must have a credit card on file so we can charge you inflated prices when your one year runs out" sales method. I would pay $5 per month, on more than one vehicle, if I could just pay that until I cancel. As it is, I don't have a subscription. It bothers me that I can only listen to one "radio" at a time, so why am I paying for multiple receivers? Meaning I would pay more than $5 per month if I could have it on say 3-4 vehicles. Used to own the portable unit that you could take from vehicle to vehicle. You pay for streaming tv service...over multiple devices. So they need to do that too. 

I wish they would allow advertising. To be honest I miss the break in programming advertising can bring. They could have hour long "no commercial" runs on music and so forth. The income from ads would allow them to stay profitable ( something in question ). You could buy different levels of programming. I don't give a damn about Howard Stern or those like him for instance. He is/was the highest paid show they have. 

What Terry said is why I gave it up. I have 4 vehicles with Sat Radio and always had to call and cancel to get the better rate. I like their channels mostly but worst customer service possible. I wonder if anyone really pays more than $5/mo

I use free pandora in my vehicles now. Two have it built in and two I use th iPhone Bluetooth 

I agree with all the above. My wife cancels it every year and every year gets it back at $5/mo. Personally, I hate the fidelity of the signal. I run MP3 files direct through my car stereo instead. 

I bought a used Buick Encore last fall. It came with a month of Sirius. I tried it once or twice, then let it lapse. XM radio offers nothing that I need, and almost nothing that I want. 

When I am driving, I listen to NPR on FM, or a tiny USB flash drive with 2500 tracks of music.

While there are music channels I listen to, and they are numerous enough to find something I am in the mood for, even that gets old on long trips. Fidelity? On a bike if I can hear it pretty good that is high fidelity. But I get the difference in a car with good stereo. Still..

One thing I really like about XM/Sirius is the weather channels, news channels, special interest channels, and most of all baseball games in season! Those I really like on long trips when I am tired of music.