Sign in to follow this  
funkspieler

aftermarket wheel add to TPMS?

funkspieler

Hi, I've converted by 2016 R1200R to a sidecar and I did a rear wheel car tire conversion at the same time.  Now, I have a TPMS light, obviously, because the rear wheel doesn't register.  I know there are aftermarket TPMS sensors that can be added to any wheel, but I don't know if they will be able to integrate into the BMW OEM system.  Does anyone know if these sensors are interoperable?  I like having TPMS and my front wheel is still stock.

Thanks M

20210202_120659.jpg

TEWKS

Can’t help with your question but, I can give you a big WOW, that is cool looking! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

dirtrider
29 minutes ago, funkspieler said:

Hi, I've converted by 2016 R1200R to a sidecar and I did a rear wheel car tire conversion at the same time.  Now, I have a TPMS light, obviously, because the rear wheel doesn't register.  I know there are aftermarket TPMS sensors that can be added to any wheel, but I don't know if they will be able to integrate into the BMW OEM system.  Does anyone know if these sensors are interoperable?  I like having TPMS and my front wheel is still stock.

Thanks M

Afternoon funkspieler

You can probably find an automotive sensor that operates on the same frequency as your original sensor.

Or attach your original sensor inside your new automotive wheel using a very large band clamp (built for wheel sensor attachment). Your original sensor should have a hole in it  so you might find a way to make the large worm drive band clamp attach to the sensor.  (depends on your automotive wheel dropped center shape & your ingenuity)  

• Like 1

Boxflyer

What rim did you use for the rear?

If it's from a K1200/K1300 with the valve stem hole in the centerline of the rim vs the spoke, then you need to install one of these TPMS sending units.

https://tinyurl.com/yakq2a97

Or, if you used a car rim with a typical pull thru valve stem, this should work too…either way, this TPMS sender talks to the BMW.

IMG_5504-M.jpg

You may have to "wake" it up with a cheap tool, but it's compatible with the RDC (bike mounted unit that reads the signals from the wheel sender units).

https://tinyurl.com/vb4sar7

5C0E766B-0C35-4D90-9C5E-9D42469E0E2C_4_5