IGNORED

Got GS911 code reader, can not find code list

SJ David

33 minutes ago, SJ David said:

Ok so where can a get a list of the codes?

I have searched everywhere and can not find the codes.

Thanks

David

Afternoon David

That is somewhat difficult as some codes are fault specific & some codes are model/year specific. I have some of the BMW codes but I won't publish them.

What code are looking for? Maybe I have some info.

9 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon David

That is somewhat difficult as some codes are fault specific & some codes are model/year specific. I have some of the BMW codes but I won't publish them.

What code are looking for? Maybe I have some info.

Thanks, as you (I hope)remember I am having a brake problem. I got the MotoScan software and the ODBII reader and pigtail for my 2003 R1150RT

The codes I found for my ABS were 431D and for my Engine 0335 and 0385

Thanks

David

ABScode.png

Engine code.png

5 minutes ago, SJ David said:

Thanks, as you (I hope)remember I am having a brake problem. I got the MotoScan software and the ODBII reader and pigtail for my 2003 R1150RT

The codes I found for my ABS were 431D and for my Engine 0335 and 0385

Thanks

David

Afternoon David

OK, that complicates it,  when it comes to brake codes the  MotoScan codes don't seem to line up with either BMW or GS-911 codes for a lot of failure codes. 

I have tried to help a few BMW owners that used the MotoScan & it was a difficult for me to correlate the codes. 

I have some info at work on my computer there, I will look tomorrow to see is I can get you some info on your MotoScan codes. 

4 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon David

OK, that complicates it,  when it comes to brake codes the  MotoScan codes don't seem to line up with either BMW or GS-911 codes for a lot of failure codes. 

I have tried to help a few BMW owners that used the MotoScan & it was a difficult for me to correlate the codes. 

I have some info at work on my computer there, I will look tomorrow to see is I can get you some info on your MotoScan codes. 

OK, thank you

27 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon David

OK, I found them. Now the Hall Effect sensor I was told it has a programming fault  for my version the 4.2, that it should be ignored

The front brake I found also, no really sure what I should be testing though to narrow it down. I think that it is probably the pressure sensor inside the servo module.

Anyway both print outs are attached

Front Brake DTC 431D.jpg

Hall DTC 0335.jpg

3 minutes ago, SJ David said:

OK, I found them. Now the Hall Effect sensor I was told it has a programming fault  for my version the 4.2, that it should be ignored

The front brake I found also, no really sure what I should be testing though to narrow it down. I think that it is probably the pressure sensor inside the servo module.

Anyway both print outs are attached

Front Brake DTC 431D.jpg

Hall DTC 0335.jpg

Afternoon David

The HES sensor codes even though they don't match BMW codes are perfectly normal so nothing to worry about with those.

The wheel pressure vs control pressure code USUALLY  indicates an internal pressure sensor not working correctly. You might try calling ModuleMaster tomorrow as they deal with these things daily, maybe they can shed more light on  "wheel pressure vs control pressure" common causes. 

16 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon David

The HES sensor codes even though they don't match BMW codes are perfectly normal so nothing to worry about with those.

The wheel pressure vs control pressure code USUALLY  indicates an internal pressure sensor not working correctly. You might try calling ModuleMaster tomorrow as they deal with these things daily, maybe they can shed more light on  "wheel pressure vs control pressure" common causes. 

they are waitlisted, well that is an understatement. They are so backed up with people needing this rebuilt that they are no longer accepting names on the wait list.

So my next question is, how can I remove the ABS system ? Can you run the power assist without ABS? What do I need to do to remove both?

I use my bike daily and if I have to wait a long time, (I have been looking for a week for a replacement module already, none to be found that are affordable) then I need alternatives.

Thanks for the help DR.

David

13 hours ago, SJ David said:

they are waitlisted, well that is an understatement. They are so backed up with people needing this rebuilt that they are no longer accepting names on the wait list.

So my next question is, how can I remove the ABS system ? Can you run the power assist without ABS? What do I need to do to remove both?

I use my bike daily and if I have to wait a long time, (I have been looking for a week for a replacement module already, none to be found that are affordable) then I need alternatives.

Thanks for the help DR.

David

Evening David

You can remove the ABS/servo system, that will give you very easy to modulate great feeling conventional brakes.

You really can't run the power assist part as that depends on the internal pressure sensor for correct operation. With an internal pressure sensor acting up you could easily end up with no power assist at about any time. 

18 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Evening David

You can remove the ABS/servo system, that will give you real easy to modulate great feeling conventional brakes.

You really can't run the power assist part as that depends on the internal pressure sensor for correct operation. With an internal pressure sensor acting up you could easily end up with no power assist at about any time. 

Has anyone on here done this? did they do a instruction and parts posting or PDF?

Thanks DR

David

12 hours ago, SJ David said:

Has anyone on here done this? did they do a instruction and parts posting or PDF?

Thanks DR

David

Evening David

Lots of riders have removed the BMW 1150RT ABS system, there are probably a number of write-up's on line, some good, some not so good. 

You can simply remove the ABS module, rotate the front brake line Y fitting to use your existing front brake lines, make up a short rear brake pipe to run from master cylinder to existing rear brake hose (or go to a full length longer rear rubber brake hose). 

You will need to use a relay to allow your existing brake switches to operate the brake lights but you can remove then use your present ABS warning light relay for that. 

You will also have to jumper your tail light wiring at the removed ABS module.

Not a very complex job & if you are decent at making good solid wire connections then not much to the wiring end of it either.  

I just do them as an easy (no-thinking)  conversion but I haven't done a write-up, someone will probably post you a link or a how-to. If that doesn't happen then I will talk you through it. 

SJ David wrote: 

I use my bike daily and if I have to wait a long time, (I have been looking for a week for a replacement module already, none to be found that are affordable) then I need alternatives.

There is an 1150 ABS module that was just listed today in the classified section.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:38 PM, dirtrider said:

Evening David

Lots of riders have removed the BMW 1150RT ABS system, there are probably a number of write-up's on line, some good, some not so good. 

You can simply remove the ABS module, rotate the front brake line Y fitting to use your existing front brake lines, make up a short rear brake pipe to run from master cylinder to existing rear brake hose (or go to a full length longer rear rubber brake hose). 

You will need to use a relay to allow your existing brake switches to operate the brake lights but you can remove then use your present ABS warning light relay for that. 

You will also have to jumper your tail light wiring at the removed ABS module.

Not a very complex job & if you are decent at making good solid wire connections then not much to the wiring end of it either.  

I just do them as an easy (no-thinking)  conversion but I haven't done a write-up, someone will probably post you a link or a how-to. If that doesn't happen then I will talk you through it. 

OK, the whole thing took 2 hrs and 40 min to complete to test ride. Loved it. It is so much better without the power assist module and the ABS we will see. Never had it until this bike and I have been riding for over 30 years.

Was super easy, followed the first post in this https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/232002-Simple-NO-COST-servo-removal-of-1150-IABS-system

by DaveH, just for the removal of the module and connecting the lines back......yes it is true I did not spend a dime either doing it, not for fittings or new lines or even a relay, I used the ABS relay since it no longer has a job. However I went to post #163 by tadhgocuilleain so as not to cut any wires or have to remove any bulbs and make a nifty small connection for the electrical changes. It was super easy. Finished ABS harness connector complete is shown below. I just plugged it in and everything worked as it should.

super easy electrical.png

Tom in Vernon BC

There is an alternative.  No messing around with either the stock brake line system or the electrics; simply install, plug in the connector, bleed and ride.  When or if a  working iABS is acquired, simply replace, plug, bleed and go.

https://shop.rhelectronics.de/shop/artikel/motorrad/second-life-kit/

Make your own determination whether it is of value, depending on your scottish bent and/or mechanical (and electrical) ability. 

Although capable, I am reluctant to perform a modification that is only reversible with difficulty.  I like my whizzy brakes and ABS, and (hopefully) I'm on MM's repair list.  Until then....

Cheers!  :grin:

"Got GS911 code reader, can not find code list"

By the second post I realized you don't have a GS-911, but a Motoscan. There have been many posts like yours and for several models. Although the Motoscan does tell you something about what's going on, it does not provide the context or accuracy of the GS-911. Because of that you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out what the Motoscan is telling you.

I worked with a guy in Greece for a year who had an issue with an O2 sensor. He had the Motoscan and we were trying to debug an O2 sensor problem. Because he didn't have the GS-911 and couldn't find a friend that did, we couldn't do a riding log of O2 voltage values and we were relegated to using a DVM, that doesn't datalog. Had he had access to a GS-911, we'd have figured out what was wrong in a couple weeks.

For my money, the Motoscan is a toy and the GS-911 (highly supported by Hexcode for BMWs) is a tool.

• 4 months later...