IGNORED

Loud fuel pump revisited

PPDGene

A while back I posted about a loud fuel pump on my 04 R1150GS. Well, I finally took it to Bogarts BMW in Birmingham AL. They at first was going to run tests and see if it was bad or not. After listening to my bike run and hearing the loud fuel pump, they advised they would replace it under warranty, due to my complaint of it been loud. Now, I thought that was cool. Maybe now my loud fuel pump problem will be a thing of the past. clap.gif

A while back I posted about a loud fuel pump on my 04 R1150GS. Well, I finally took it to Bogarts BMW in Birmingham AL. They at first was going to run tests and see if it was bad or not. After listening to my bike run and hearing the loud fuel pump, they advised they would replace it under warranty, due to my complaint of it been loud. Now, I thought that was cool. Maybe now my loud fuel pump problem will be a thing of the past. clap.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Andy

Are you certain that it was the fuel pump that was making all the noise. I have an alternator that whines fairly loudly and it sounds very similar to the fuel pump.

Well the noise was coming from the gas tank and when the dealship replaced my fuel pump, the noise went away. Pretty sure it was the fuel pump. fis under a warranty that has about 1 and a half months left.

the GS bikes have a louder than normal fuel pump noise due to the metal gas tank. However, when they start to go bad they get MUCH louder. Usually once they start making extra noise you usually have about 1 month before it fails (first hand experience). Good thing they replaced it!

Archived