IGNORED

California will be banning sales of new non-electric off-road vehicles

MotoNews

That date is a ways off and its not a big deal, EVs will take over everything before the decade is out and people will probably not even be considering petrol powered anything except in special use cases.  the technology is just advancing way too fast. let alone even now I have friends with a pair of Zero off road bikes and they love them, I believe they said they can swap the batteries out while out.

Makes sense to me, stop allowing  motorcycles with decent emission controls & limited usage but force off-roaders to run heavily polluting older generators for hours on end to charge the darn things. 

They aren't really lowering total emissions, just transferring it to a different source. 

In most cases zero emissions just means the emissions are now moved to someone else's back yard.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Makes sense to me, stop allowing  motorcycles with decent emission controls & limited usage but force off-roaders to run heavily polluting older generators for hours on end to charge the darn things. 

They aren't really lowering total emissions, just transferring it to a different source. 

In most cases zero emissions just means the emissions are now moved to someone else's back yard.  

Everything man does pollutes in some way. Global warming is real and needs to be addressed. Time will tell whether or not man has picked the correct solutions or if insects will rule the Earth. Doing nothing certainly won't work.

6 minutes ago, AZgman said:

Everything man does pollutes in some way. Global warming is real and needs to be addressed. Time will tell whether or not man has picked the correct solutions or if insects will rule the Earth. Doing nothing certainly won't work.

Tough to follow orders from a Hypocrite .

If political sorry, not meant to be. But, keep your F@“(i#£ hands off my dirt bike! :rofl:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AZgman said:

Morning  AZgman

Nature is pretty well self regulating, if we screw the global warming thing up nature will eventually correct it, maybe slowly or maybe quickly. 

Or man could speed that process up with a global nuclear war when we fight over needed precious metals for zero emission compliance, or feud over remaining oil, or war over national borders,  or kill each other over the  rights to produce cell phones. 

Maybe a better more respectful man will emerge from those  insects that remain to rule the world. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning  AZgman

Nature is pretty well self regulating, if we screw the global warming thing up nature will eventually correct it, maybe slowly or maybe quickly. 

Or man could speed that process up with a global nuclear war when we fight over needed precious metals for zero emission compliance, or feud over remaining oil, or war over national borders,  or kill each other over the  rights to produce cell phones. 

Maybe a better more respectful man will emerge from those  insects that remain to rule the world. 

Agreed that "nature" will resolve this in some way. It may take a million years though. Of course, the sun has a limited life so there is also that to contend with!

6 minutes ago, AZgman said:

Agreed that "nature" will resolve this in some way. It may take a million years though. Of course, the sun has a limited life so there is also that to contend with!

Sooooo, the agreement is that no matter what we do, the planet will die!  

Part of the fun of living in Kali-land is watching what our politicians do. World class leaders without a doubt, so much that even our new President want's to model the US after us. 

Shortly, when they realize our power grid is already overloaded and Arizona decides to stop sending us power, we will move to a new technology. I believe the next technology is "good wishes and positive reinforcement to everyone", better known as GWPR, catchy right?. If we all just send each other positive thoughts and do that thing where you make a heart sign with your fingers, and are super nice to each other, everything will work out. Positive vibes, it's all about positive vibes. We don't really need to think through things because if we all work together and care for each other, these bad things will stop happening.

Personally I can't wait. No more fires, no more wind making the fires worse, all those things that make the electric company turn off the power for days/weeks. It will be bliss. 

Newsom will be President very soon, mark my words, then all of you can enjoy what we enjoy here now. (Sending all of you that heart signal with my fingers now)

(In case you were dropped as a child, a lot, this is all sarcasm.)

• Like 4
20 hours ago, AZgman said:

Dude!  Like, that was really touching... You forgot the really great weed for all! Oh, and Botox.

And if you drive up the road a ways into Oregon, you can do any drug you like, legally. Cowabunga Dude!

Imagine a world where you are stressed over things such as no money, overwhelming bills, don't agree with politics, car is broken, health failing, can't afford food, one of your nine babies spontaneously combusted, etc, you get the picture. Flash to the future, you get a check for more than you would get if you work, your choice of drug is legal, and everyone has turned in their guns so there is zero crime. 

Total bliss. Utopia I tell you. 

75710371-a-caucasian-man-shows-a-heart-symbol-with-his-fingers-.thumb.jpg.b577024dce022e06250526b24ff0165b.jpg

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/8/2021 at 11:37 AM, Rougarou said:

Sooooo, the agreement is that no matter what we do, the planet will die!  

Yes, but the thing under possible control is when