IGNORED

Another new member.

King Herald

Hi everybody, couldn't find a newbies section so I thought I'd start a thread to introduce myself. I'm from the UK, 60 years young, with a '97 r1100r. I've ridden bikes since I was 16 and had one of some description or other ever since, but this is my first BMW. Its just rolled over 80,000 miles, of which I have done 40,000. 

I do all my own maintenance, as I'm a mechanic by trade, so I shall browse the site and see what I can both contribute and  learn. :18:

• Like 5

Allo from the states and welcome to the forum, King Herald.   You are in the right place for introductions.  I am praying things will settle down for some travel.  I hope you can get out and ride these days.  Laura and I frequent England (London & Liverpool,) but did not get to fly over last September.  We are planning to attend a motorbike trip to Wales in 2022.  Hope to meet up with you one of these days.

Cheers,

Welcome, from central Canada...  I saw the picture of your bike in the other thread. Looks a lot like mine ('99 R1100R with about 106K km on the clock).  I didn't get nearly enough saddle time on it last summer, and with it being -26 oC outside right now, spring seems a long way off!  I've found lots of info on this site that has helped me fix things and catch up on the maintenance for my bike, that was well used (and a bit neglected) when I bought it a few years back.     

Welcome from N-Florida. Just do a little digging (searching) and you should find some answers to your questions.

Maintenance on these OilHeads is simple. If you can't find what you are looking for, just asked.