IGNORED

Evotech Performance GPS Mount Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Evotech Performance GPS Mount Review intro

For Triumph Tiger 800

It happens to the best of us, one new farkle leads to another and this time it was the Garmin zūmo XT. After a couple of rides I knew I wanted the large display off the bars and mounted above the dash. Luckily, our friends at MotoMachines recently started carrying Evotech Performance products; including a GPS mount designed specifically for the 2018+ Triumph Tiger 800 and its adjustable windscreen.

Evotech makes the same mount with different brackets for various devices; mounts to accommodate Garmin, TomTom, Quad Lock, and Ultimateaddons are currently available. Almost everything in the box was neatly packaged in paper bundles and plastic bags of hardware with one exception; two bolts were in a paper bag that I almost tossed by accident. Once organized, mounting the powder-coated aluminum bracket to the windscreen stays was a quick, trouble-free affair.

Evotech GPS Mount Review FB

The Evotech mount puts the GPS screen exactly where I can see it without needing to divert my eyes too far from the road, and it’s adjustable so I can see the screen while standing, too. Adjustment is made by loosening two winged screws that allow the GPS unit to be pitched up and down, but I’ve noticed when riding on rough roads or dirt they can loosen a little from vibration. Additionally, as the mount attaches to the windscreen it moves up and down if the windscreen is repositioned.

Evotech has done a bang-up job with this GPS mount; it disappears into the design of the bike and works just like it should. If you have a device you want to mount above your dash, this is a product to keep in mind.

Evotech GPS Mount Review 1MotoMachines.com

MSRP: $91.99

PROS:

• Better position to keep eyes on the road
  • Maintains windscreen adjustability

CONS:

• Slight packaging miss on two important bolts
  • Adjustment screws can loosen from vibration
1JUS1JdmTLM

View the full article