IGNORED

My latest ride - IBA Bun Burner: 1,500 miles in 36 hours

OlGeezer

Bill, Congratulations!

I'd thought at one time I'd get to do a BB, but I think my buns burned out. grin.gif Your ride felt doable while I was reading and I think it's because you had thought it out so well. And the organizers did such a good job. A nice acomplishment for all.

SteveHebert

Awesome Bill. I have not done an IBA event in a while and feel one coming on. The last one I did was the 100CC. We raised $1300 for a local children's home. It is a neat way to combine the love of riding with the love of giving back.

For those of you who think us LD riders are crazy crazy.gif or confused confused.gif, think abobut the good in the event. It really helped me to stay on track and focus on the finish.

It was all worth it when we presented the check to the staff and children during a Saturday picnic. thumbsup.gif

The local motorcycle club had a poker run that day and presented them with $1000. It was great for the three of us to stand up after that and give them the larger donation. Of course we could not have done that without the sponsorship of our friends and family members.

WOW! Congrats! OK, you made it seem easy. eek.gif Aside from your episode mid first day, fatigue doesn't seem that prevelant. False reading? It had to have been exhausting! I know the RT is comfortable, but, sheesh! Good work for a good cause. clap.gif

Congrats, Bill!! clap.gifclap.gif

Good work for a good cause. clap.gif
Yeah that organization is pretty neat and Mike Moorhouse and Bill Davis who head it up are two pretty squared-away dudes! Mike is a survivor of a near fatal heart attack and now carries an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) on his bike for all rides! eek.gif

When I contacted them about the First Responder/First Aid Training for Motorcyclists I'm offering next month in San Diego, he took off running with it and got his organizational engine behind it and we're going to sell out any day now (only seven seats left). He's really serious about getting the word out to riders and giving back to the community for supporting his efforts--a very worthy cause indeed! Congrats again on a SUCCESSFUL and FUN ride! thumbsup.gif

Actually, no, it wasn't that bad. I even had the time to chat with my sister for an hour or so Saturday night, have a liesurely breakfast with her in the morning and, to top that off, by the time I got back to San Juan, still felt like taking my wife out to dinner.

It helped that the event was so well organized. I highly recommend participating in an organized event for one's first endurance rally rather than doing it solo as I did.

What helped to make it easier was that I've started to change what I eat and drink on long motorcycle journeys. I now drink water and Gatorade (50/50 in my Camelback) instead of caffeinated drinks and my favorite snack are Granola bars instead of high fat, high carbo meals. That's made a HUGE difference.

Regards,

Bill

WOW! Congrats! OK, you made it seem easy. eek.gif Aside from your episode mid first day, fatigue doesn't seem that prevelant. False reading? It had to have been exhausting! I know the RT is comfortable, but, sheesh! Good work for a good cause. clap.gif

Bill,

Congrats! The BB 1500 is a toughy, to be sure.

One question: that's one clean motorcycle...how the heck do expect to have a respectable career as an ld rider with such a clean machine?

Kidding...not really... thumbsup.gif

Fasterpill

That is just so hard to top. We all could probably pull of a BB1500, but throw in the fundraiser for a great charity AND family time with your sister? Life is good!

Bill,

Congrats! The BB 1500 is a toughy, to be sure.

One question: that's one clean motorcycle...how the heck do expect to have a respectable career as an ld rider with such a clean machine?

Kidding...not really... thumbsup.gif

Hey, what can I say? I'm a newbie and don't know any better. Next year, I'll try to look more respectable.

blush.gif)

Archived